Joining Mocap files ( 3dsMax )

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Joining Mocap files ( 3dsMax )

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#1]
I should probably know how to do this, but every time I don't use 3dsMax for a few weeks, all the animation stuff slips right out of my head.

I have four motion capture files ( BIP format ) and I'd like to animate one character with all four, one after the other, with no linking, smoothing, blending, etc between the clips. Just so that I have four animations in one file, just like the MD2 format puts them.

When I use CStudio's Motion Capture rollout, it loads the new clip over the old one.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#2]
Or failing that, what export settings do I need ( preferably via Ultimate Unwrap, but also Pipeline is doable ) so that the mesh, texture, bones and animation is stored only in one file and subsequent files contain just the animation data which I can then append within Blitz?

flying willy(Posted 2005) [#3]
ok using char studio you can join mocap bip files using the motion flow panel in the animation tab. Basically it allows you to drag and drop bip files and hook them up like a flowchart and tween between them. Take a good look and see what you can find?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#4]
That did the trick. Thanks man.