3D Animation?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D Animation?

po(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have a few models that i'd like to animate, what program would you suggest for begginers? I know nothing about animation so anyone know any tutorials for begginers? I just want to keep it simple, like animate my Lego man to walk, it should be the easiest thing since it doesn't have any knees.

-Thanks

grindalf(Posted 2005) [#2]
try pacemaker in the blitz tools section its freeware and quite easy to use.

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#3]
Also milkshape is ok for <<simple>> animations and for learning on. I've made some animations with it.
Insodently I Just got this back the other day.
Mabye if more people from blitz emailed him he would make us more of a priority. Or not.
Sorry but the only export is to .3ds format and Anim8or doesn't export animations to it just
static models.  I have long term plans to add a plug-in feature that would allow someone to
write an exporter for that.  I can't do it myself in a reasonable amount of time.  There are over
30 3D formats that people have requested alerady!

Steve

wrote:

Hello, My name is Matt. I love anim8tor. The only problem is that I cannot export the animations to blitz 3d. Would it be possible for you to write an exporter to blitz? If you did you would get lots more support and future paying customers (if you ever plan to start charging that is).

Anyhow thanks.
Matt Anthony 

hed(Posted 2005) [#4]
Character FX. It's very easy to learn and there is an exporter to b3d... http://www.insanesoftware.de

Don't expect wonders, it's animation tools are pretty basic. But it's cheap (15$) and has a 30 day free trial.