Larsg(rag tag?) Open canvas ppl made a great anima

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Larsg(rag tag?) Open canvas ppl made a great anima

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#1]
...animation software..Have been able to test it, even with all menues and text in japanesse text...so, guessing all its functioning...

Not recommended the test for standard people ;)

Frametoon....besides, in japanese site, they have Open canvas 4!!! while in englisj, Frametoon does not exist, and Open canvas is just for 3.x version...looks like they prefer to develope mainly for Japan.

Man , that Frametoon is a dream come true for an animator, and dirty cheap... 50 euros, or the like, if I made well mentally the yen conversion...

A freaking kick ass software...the pressure sensivity of Open Canvas (the best till now for me, perhaps similar to Painter 7...for some reason, 8 demo version didn't behave so for my wacom...) A dreamlike onion skining (it just ...feel perfect...is soo adecuate. u seem to be drawing in a paper quad lines block, with onion skinning, the feel is so traditional art u can believe it.)

Probably u wont get the handle iof it as is all in japanesse, but I am very used already to use non translated japanese softwares, that's why. I could perfectly use it already, as my needs are basic.

I have mailed em to ask on a way to purchase , but quite some days and no response... I guess this, sadly, is yet only for Japan...Maybe I should have written to the email of the english site...

The link....

http://www.portalgraphics.net/ja/frt/products.html

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#2]
euh, I never know if ur ragtag, ragnar, or Larsg or all at a time, lol ;)

Seems you beat me to it... Saw this sentence from u in..some place... ;) "..or if I should just get the Japanese one and try to figure out what each menu does by trial and error."

Here u have the answer...I can handle it. Wether if u can or not, is just u download and test the trial...prepare to image what the heck mean every pop up question, hehe...SOmetimes u'll touch the very wrong button, be careful...

I mailed em asking for buying not with visa or bank transfer, but like Kagi and Shareit allows...just snail mail sending..yep, quite dangerous, but there are ways and tricks, and...the Frametoon price is really cheap.

No answer till now, was some days ago.

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#3]
BTW, this tool, is the first one I have the feel I could use for dirty-quick short making...u know, not for well done technique correct 2d anim, but an amateur but quick style, is way too direct step between mind and animation sketch with it...

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#4]
Looks coolio,

Just a shame there is no English version.

I downloaded it anyways, I'll get my daughter to play with it - it is perfect for her (she's attempting to learn Japanese too so it should help her!).

IPete2.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#5]
WHOOOA!

English site!

http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/index.asp

But no FrameToon - sigh

IPete2.

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#6]
perhaps they'll end up porting it.

Tell them if you are interested, the more of us who tell them I suppose the more inclined would be to think about it.