Band In A Box

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Band In A Box

semar(Posted 2004) [#1]
All,
is there here someone using this music software that could give me his opinion about ?

I would like to use it to compose some easy-listening accompaniment, so that I can then play the piano while it plays.

Is it flexible enough ? For example, can a song use multiple styles in the same song ?

Sergio.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#2]
Its great for easy-listening accompaniment - you would need to get the mega version with all the style disks to get the best selection of styles. You can use as many styles as you want within a song and its very flexible.You can create your own styles too or even create a style from a midi file.
Jammer Pro does better solos and drum-breaks but BB is much more versatile and easier to use overall and has lots more styles.

semar(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thank you Smiff for your opinion (btw, you know that right now there's a BIAB 2005 version ?)

Yes I though too that the MegaPack would be the way to go.

The only thing that bothers me about BIAB, having tryed the 2004 demo, is that the style creation is not really user friendly IMHO.

And the midi import while in the style editing seems not to work as expected.

Perhaps is only a matter of try and error; fortunately, I found the forum rather friendly and helpful.

Sergio.