Free character model resource?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Free character model resource?

Nmuta(Posted 2004) [#1]
I need to find a free low poly character model of a hunter (as in a deer or bear hunter, with a shotgun). This is for a school project we are doing.

I tried 3dcafe and also polycount, with no luck. I did find a good one on a retail site, and I may buy it, but I wanted to check to see first if I can some free war and/or hunter models first before breaking the bank.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#2]
you can't make one?

Nmuta(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah, I just ended up making one. I actually timed myself and found that I was able to make the shotgun in 35 minutes and the character in 65 minutes. The character texture is still not done yet, but two of the animations are.

I think it probably took me less time to make it then it would have taken continuing to look for one.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
Am I the only one who thinks people with guns for school projects is a bad idea?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#5]
Am I the only one who thinks people with guns for school projects is a bad idea?

No, but you would be in the minority if you lived in America, where Nmuta teaches.

Strider Centaur(Posted 2004) [#6]
Rob, depends on the context.

If it is a ware sim based on some historical event, no problem with guns.

If its some FPS sim showing total dissregard for human life in a public, non war like environment, yes guns are very bad.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#7]
We read a book and watched a vividly disgusting and bloody movie about WWII and the horrid Holocaust in 6th grade.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#8]
If you're that fast, I may consider hiring you....hmm...we need some more artists....

Zenith(Posted 2004) [#9]
We read a book and watched a vividly disgusting and bloody movie about WWII and the horrid Holocaust in 6th grade.

What movie? I want to see it!

(Actually I do, but that was sorta a slap :D)
If it's as good as Band of Brothers, that is.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#10]
I dunno what it's called - I missed the beginning....Band of Brothers sounds familiar, though....

Chad(Posted 2004) [#11]
I watched Schindler's List a couple times. That's a good movie about the Holocaust. Directed by Steven Spielgberg so you know it's goin to be a good one.