Help! Pipeline amnesia!!!

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Help! Pipeline amnesia!!!

Nmuta(Posted 2004) [#1]
I used pudding's .b3d pipeline almost exclusively for all my character animations last year.

Now, all of the sudden, I cannot get ANY of my pipeline exported .b3d files to play their animations. All I get is a static mesh.

1. I am using LoadAnimMesh
2. I HAVE checked "Rigid Vertices (All)" in the skin advanced paramaters dialog box in Max
3. I HAVE checked "scene root" with the pipeline.
4. I am using a biped with skin. before I export, I hide all bones in the biped.
5. In the nifty 'B3D VIEWER' that works within 3ds Max via the pipeline, my animation shows up great....it's only when I run the program in Blitz that I get a problem.
6. I have tried making a new dummy model just to test and I get the same problem... so I know it has to be ME.

What am I (could I be) doing wrong? Pipeline was so easy before....I must be forgetting something.

Rhyolite(Posted 2004) [#2]
Ok, stating the obvious here, but are you calling UpdateWorld() in your code????

Nmuta(Posted 2004) [#3]
yes, but without parentheses.

updateworld
renderworld
flip

Nmuta(Posted 2004) [#4]
OK I FOUND THE ANSWER...
I don't remember it being like this before, but the pipeline exports a scene root and your animated mesh is actually a child of that root. So if you use find child then you can access the animated mesh and animate it accordingly.

Pudding(Posted 2004) [#5]
Also remember that if you have a single skinned mesh then you don't have to add a scene root. The scene root option is provided because b3d files must have a single root.

-Pudding

Nmuta(Posted 2004) [#6]
Wow..tha man himself! Thanks Pudding. Only thing is that when I try to export without scene root, I get export errors and it crashes my Blitz.

I'm fine with the findChild thing for now. If you have any other advice for me re: the scene root thing, let me know.