lws to .x any exporters

Community Forums/Developer Stations/lws to .x any exporters

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#1]
does any one know of any good lightwave scene files to .x exporters, apart from Nuclear Glory`s

my wish list for Terrabits converter..
multiple formats and a direct plug in....id pay for that
..well saying that i would have paid for it as it stands :)

Dustin(Posted 2004) [#2]
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/object.htm

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#3]
If you mean ANIMATED .X, then you're out of luck... Blizt3D does not support .X (dx8/dstorm) which has bones etc.

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#4]
*.x ---> Ultimate Unwrap(weld model with degenerate faces unchecked)---> b3d.

I don't know any other way I have been able to work out...I mean, from .x 8 with bones, weights, animation (plus typical mesh features)

There was a dx8 --->b3d converter , but i could not make it work. neither bones collector did seem to handle bones and weights animation. Indeed, if I remember well, he replied it does not do that.So, none of the utilities will do it.

Most packages now export bones and weights with an external free x exporter (sometimes made even by someone of the package developer, what happened in Softimage XSI) , so , is now the typical bridge towards many engines.

As it does not have it, I don't see any other that having Ultimate Unwrap purchased :/
Which is probably quite good,as is a great uv mapper...But i suppose you already uv map with Lightwave.

UU is the best purchase I made ever, anyway. I repeat it many times, but is a fact.