lith unwrap?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/lith unwrap?

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello
I just downloaded lithunwrap and the demo for ultimate unwrap. I have bin unable to get a wings model in either one. It must be something I am not doing in wings. The error
message is "no uv coordinates". I was under the impression that these programs are uv mappers so what gives?

morduun(Posted 2004) [#2]
You need to select the faces you want to map and select mapping methods for those faces. Select the faces however you like, then open the 2D Tools menu to the UV Mapping submenu and go from there.

You may also need to create a new material, if one hasn't already been created for your model. Do this by selecting 'Materials" in the top right list box, right-clicking and selecting "Add..."

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#3]
<You need to select the faces you want to map and select mapping methods for those faces. Select the faces however you like, then open the 2D Tools menu to the UV Mapping submenu and go from there.

You may also need to create a new material, if one hasn't already been created for your model. Do this by selecting 'Materials" in the top right list box, right-clicking and selecting "Add..." >

Do you mean in wings or lithunwrap? The models will not load in lith.

morduun(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ultimate Unwrap -- you said you had the demo for it. Can't speak for Lith, unfortunately, but it shouldn't be that different.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
Just ignore that message. All it means is that the model does not have UV coordinates set yet. That doesn't matter because setting the UV coordinates is why you use Lith/Ultimate Unwrap.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#6]
Listen to the smart guy....

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
Also, you need to set the seletion mode to "Groups" when you want to assign a material to a mesh or a group of the mesh. If you try it in Vertex or Polygon Mode, nothing will happen (that's one of the mean traps of lithy)

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#8]
Ya I've fell for that trap for a long time. I've done a few tutorials on it now and found one realy great one starting from a robot in milkshape. For anyone else having problems with Lith you should check it out.
http://www.gamedale.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=17

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#9]
I'm having the same problem - I know my Wings model loads into Lithunwrap, but I can't see it. It has a default material, and you can see it in the preview window but not the main window.

Help!

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#10]
Having a material is irrelevant. The issue is whether or not any UV coordinates are set. If not you won't see anything in the UV window. But don't fret. Just set a simple UV projection (I think the UV Maps are under the 2D editing window) like Planar for the entire model.

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#11]
Ya. step for step to see your model in the main window
select a group in the tree list (like groups>torso or whatever you named your groups) the white box will turn red, and then click Tools>uv mapping and choose from the list and click your choise. Then you can scale move or choose another uv map. It realy helped me to do the tutorial I posted above. (and tuts for lith are hard to find)

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#12]
Thanks very much for the tips, guys. I'll try that out tonight. The thing that threw me was I saw a tutorial showing a wireframe display in the main window, so I just expected my model to appear as a wireframe regardless of UVs.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#13]
where the heck do I get Lith Unwrap? I've looked all over!!!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#14]
http://files.seriouszone.com/download.php?fileid=198

A search on google turned that up - can't remember if its the one I used and haven't tried it.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#15]
You couldn't have looked that hard considering that good one is the second link returned when you google lithunwrap.

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#16]
Seriously!
http://files.seriouszone.com/download.php?fileid=198