Is anyone using AC3D?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Is anyone using AC3D?

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is anyone?

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#2]
I used to use it but have since deleted and lost my registration key ^^

It was OK except for large levels it just slowed to a crawl, I seem to remember some of the export to file options didn't export correctly either.

Was a long time since I used it though.

TomToad(Posted 2004) [#3]
I've been using it. Haven't done any really large levels with it yet, so i couldn't tell you about any speed issues. However, one of the new features of v4.0 is

Speed increases
Many optimisations have been made so that AC3D now loads, saves and edits larger models faster than ever before. AC3D continues to support unlimited numbers of polygons and objects.

So if Shambler has a version older than 4.0, his problem might've been fixed.

It's not the best program in the world. I chose it because I needed boolean operation, and it had it as well as a good balance between other features and price.

I did take a look at Quill3D and was impressed by what I saw if it. Would've bought that except that it only comes on CD and not as a download. I would need it shipped and unfortunately, with my work schedule, I'm not always around to recieve shipped packages, so I'd need to have it shipped to an alternate address so i'd have to pick it up which adds delay to getting the product... In other words, it would be a pain. My two prefered methods are download or buying from a nearby store.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#4]
Unfortunately Quill3D has a few bugs and as far as I am aware is no longer in development.