Curvy free beta

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Curvy free beta

granada(Posted 2004) [#1]
(I have decided to open Curvy Pro up to be a free beta. Open to all comers so feel free to invite your friends and forums on board.)

Hi all
Just to let you no simon is inviting everyone to test the beta version of curvy.Give it a try its a great programe

dave

Difference(Posted 2004) [#2]
1) Are you quoting someone?
2) What is Curvy?
3) Is there a link?

skn3(Posted 2004) [#3]
what the fudge

granada(Posted 2004) [#4]
sorry guys,work nights need sleep ;)

(Aartform Curvy 3D is an easy and fast sculpting program for Windows)

http://www.curvy3d.com/index.html

Skn3[ac],your right :D

dave

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
I think curvy is a modelling tool that has some kind of a blob philosophy. Imagine you are working with sausages of clay. The results some people came up with are impressive, but I am afraid it isn't really lowpoly stuff.
Anyway, thanks for the notice!

N(Posted 2004) [#6]
Imagine you are working with sausages of clay.

Yep, that's gonna make me want to try it ;)

I'll check it out later when my PC is connected and I'm not doing crap through my parents'.

BHoltzman(Posted 2004) [#7]
Curvy 3D is a new app that allows you to create real-time 3d meshes by drawing lofting curves and seeing the lofting update while you draw the curves. It's an intuitive way to model. But the program's interface is a little kludgey still.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
at least the new beta is very promising and can do much more than the original "sausage-curvy".

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#9]
Calling it a blobs like modeller is completely false.
There's nothing blob about it except for beginners who don't catch on to how it works make a lot of blobs but once made they don't function like blobs at all. It's curves and for some reason I think that might have to do with how it got it's name but don't quote me on that.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#10]
Curvy is really REALLY really REALLY easy to use!

Havnt managed to do anything usable in the demo yet except a weird raddish/cherry :P but its cool and fun

EDIT: ooh I can chess pieces! :P
I got a suggestions, if it nots already in, being able to define the mouse sensitivity when your drawing, so you can do really detailed stuff slowly but you dont mess up

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#11]
I just got a bunch of triangls drawn on the screen that overlaps everything including the interface. Sounds good though.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#12]
I said blob philosophy, not bloblike modeler. That means you have a basic clay feeling. I think it's much more blobish than a modeler like Milkshape, that is straight vertex oriented. Of course, the sausages don't actually do melt in a bob like way. How should they, blob is patented and protected.