cheaper software?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/cheaper software?

Idaho Razor(Posted 2004) [#1]
Well at school i can buy an education version of 3dsmax for around 700$ which is great! but i want to use it for commercial purposes... then i look at the price from discreet.com and it's 3,500... so i was wondering if there is a way to buy the older versions (commercial liscence) and possibly get it cheaper? like R3.1 or 4?

I did look at other great modellers like Truespace and such but i just like the interface of 3dsmax... are there other modellers that have the same interface... or do i need to just suck it up and learn the other modellers? (right now i'm using Milkshape3D) which is nice but i miss the mesh smooth feature for renders... Thanks Agagin!

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#2]
Aoneweb - That is so illegal it's ridiculous. I'd edit your post if I were you.

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#3]
@Aoneweb: Looking around that site you posted, it's fairly obvious that they're selling pirated software.

It would pay to be careful posting links like that as they could possibly get you banned from this site.

I'm not trying to be nasty in saying that. It's just a bit of friendly advice :)

GfK(Posted 2004) [#4]
Downloading warez is one thing. Selling other people's software for money is quite something else. This is the worst kind of warez.

Inner(Posted 2004) [#5]
Modorators Lock/Delete this (please)

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#6]
Anyone know who would be the proper authority (presumably international) to report that site to?

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2004) [#7]

Not sure how legal this software is but it's cheap

BWahhhahahahahahahhahhhhhh... Seriously LOL!

On a more serious note, how the hell can a site like that exist on the web for more than a few minutes, surely someone must be watching the domain registrations?.. Who bought the domain? what address? Easy collar for the coppers?

Dont buy software from that site! Thats as dodgey as a nine bob note.

boomboom(Posted 2004) [#8]
why don'y you buy xsi foundation instead of an educational version of max?

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#9]
Wooooaaahhh someone call the FBI lol

Well dodgy -.-

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#10]
Hello... FBI???? I want to rat out a silly little f@rt who posts warez sitez on a forum... Yes... he probably uses 733+ \^/0R|>2 as well... how old??? Well mentally he is about 12. Physically??? I don't know. IQ??? Somewhere below his shoe size!!!

-Z

Warren(Posted 2004) [#11]
I like how the moderators are quick to jump on someone for making someone else unhappy with a mean comment and lock the thread - but warez? Eh, we'll get to it eventually...

boomboom(Posted 2004) [#12]
Its not the guy who posted the original question fualt that someone came along and mentioned warez, so the topic shouldn't be locked, just the guy who mentioneded the site to be deleated (the post not the guy :))

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#13]
i love it. here's someone selling admittedly pirated software... and people trust them enough to send them a credit card #????

Do you take paypal, money order or Western Union? I have no credit card.
Sorry. We accept only credit cards.

...b/c we can then sell the # to someone else who will charge something else on it.

I made the payment, but i see in order status page, that payment is not done.
We need time (0-24 hours) to confirm your transaction from your credit card company. Please be patient.

...b/c when we give away your card #, the people we sell it to want more time to charge stuff to it.

you've really just got to laugh at how dense people can be.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#14]
On a more serious note, how the hell can a site like that exist on the web for more than a few minutes, surely someone must be watching the domain registrations?.. Who bought the domain? what address? Easy collar for the coppers?

I didn't follow the link, but these sites are usually hosted in Russia or other countries which don't enforce copyright.

simonh(Posted 2004) [#15]
Post deleted. It should go without saying but please don't post warez links people.