Game Engine?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Game Engine?

Strider Centaur(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is there any 3D game engine that can be used to create a game using Blitz Basic?

BB3D is for building engines, but it would seem logical that someone would have made a engine that could then be used with BB3D as a include or some such that would only need to have some scripting and custom models tossed in.

Kinda like you can do with A6 or Tourqe.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#2]
??

Do you own Blitz3D?

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Halo made the Singularity Engine ... not sure where it is atm ...

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#4]
I would use the b3D engine myself. It is so cheap because you have to own it to get to post here.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#5]
Blitz3D is NOT a game engine, it's a programming language. There's no AI, particle-system etc you'd have in any full game engine. You CAN write a game engine using Blitz3D; in fact you have if you want to make a game with Blitz3D.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#6]
thanks 'Stang...

:)

--Mike

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
I'd say Blitz3D is a 3D Engine and a programming language, but not a Game Engine. A game engine is oftenly built ontop of a 3D Engine.

N(Posted 2004) [#8]
Well, I wrote Vein. That's pretty much the only engine I've written using Blitz3D that I've released.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#9]
I am working on a pretty powerful engine that might become a "game development" engine, but it is accessed using BVM script (which is almost just like bb code), but you don't get the source.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#10]
Maybe.

But then again the only working complete game engine in Blitz3D that I know is from jfk.

Check his latest demo which is very well done.

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#11]
I am working on a pretty powerful engine that might become a "game development" engine, but it is accessed using BVM script (which is almost just like bb code), but you don't get the source.
Yeah, me too. The set of functions of my engine looks a lot like Quake3, and there are scripts to define materials, character animation, paths, etc. "Code" scripts (the one that define tha game logic) are done with BVM. "Definition" scripts (those that set properties for materials, etc) use the standard .ini format.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#12]
Thanks, Dirk! Yes, it's coming soon ... csp-engine for all ;)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#13]
CryoSoldiers engine will be released as CryoSDK, at a price.(Free with the game)

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#14]
I know there is one engine out there called Unreal. It was used making Splinter Cell, which, I must say, is a truly awesome game.

But I think a license for Unreal is around the range of...ohh...say..$350,000...

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#15]
Ahem...
"Is there any 3D game engine that can be used to create a game using Blitz Basic?"
Note the ending, a game using Blitz Basic. Unless Warren has been hiding something, Unreal has nothing to do with Blitz.

N(Posted 2004) [#16]
jhocking has a point, mr. Enemies.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#17]
Spaced Man -
>>CryoSoldiers engine will be released as CryoSDK, at a price.(Free with the game) <<

Does this mean, when I buy your game, I will be able to make commercial, royalty fee free games with your engine?

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#18]
OK.....I stand corrected....