Paint Shop Pro 9

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Paint Shop Pro 9

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#1]
I've just downloaded the Beta version of PaintShop Pro 9, And it's looking awesome!! Has anybody else tried it yet?

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
I'm still on PSP7

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#3]
I use 8 and it`s great, truly under rated in my opinion. I`ll have a look at nine though.

Jason.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#4]
Version 7 for me as well, it does what I need so way change until I need to :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#5]
I'm all for upgrading even when it's not necessary, however, you got to have the cash to do it.

I'd love to upgrade my Polo to a TVR for example.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#6]
Well Rob, if you do get the chance version 8 is a fantastic improvement over 7. Well worth the money :)

Jason.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#7]
But version 9 is looking like it has very powerful tools too! Paint Shop Pro is coming close to being almost as powerful as Adobe PhotoShop is... In my opinion though, I can make anything in PaintShop Pro just as I can with Adobe PhotoShop. ;)

MSW(Posted 2004) [#8]
I've got PSP8 too...pretty cool, if a bit lacking in some areas...it's got a Multiply blend mode...but no Add, Subtract, or Divide...WTF is up with that?

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#9]
Add is lighten
Subtract is darken

Divide... no idea... Burn maybe?

Thats WFT is up with that.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#10]
MSW Did you DL the 8.1 upgrade??? I can do all those tings.

MSW(Posted 2004) [#11]
No..haven't gotten the 8.1 upgrade...will D/L it though :)

Sorry Rob...lighten and darken are not the same thing as add and subtract. Yes they do a simular effect, but they arn't even remotely compatable.

Add = just what it says, add the pxel color values of one layer to the pixel color values of the layer/background you are mergeing it with...follow along

background = 127, 127, 127 (Red, Green, Blue)
merge layer = 127, 127, 127 (Red, Green, Blue)

add them together = 254, 254, 254

lighten and darken work off the diiference in pixel color values. which is why the resulting pixel colors don't change if they are the same values from merge layer to background layer....but with add and subtract they do.