tmpX2

Community Forums/Developer Stations/tmpX2

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#1]
Just a quick note: the long awaited update to treemagik pro, treemagikX2, entered beta testing this weekend and things are looking great! Most bugs have been squashed and almost all the exporters are written and working..
Im looking for a release date sometime this week or shortly there after!

Here's some offical screenshots of what's in store. These shots are two-part 1) the creation in the editor and 2) the preview of the tree.

tropical type
Tree creation
Result

oak type
Tree creation
Result

traditional type
Tree creation
Result(a)
Result(b)

a tree made with all random flags ON, took about 3 secs to make and export!
Random

These are just a few of the limitless types avaliable.. unlike the earlier treemagik applications - the creator is no longer limited to the supplied media. tmx2 offers an unique approach to leaf texture making as it allows the creator to spray leaf types directly onto the skin textures.

Polygons are reduced by half of that which treemagik pro produced.

Exported mesh is optimized.
more later!

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#2]
Very nice

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#3]
Mega Cool!!!

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#4]
Wow :)
@Alien - I've got a new app coming out soon that could help you out with media for this. E-mail me if you want to talk about doing a 'swap' :) Nice landscape too ;)

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks for the comments, ... thanks.. thanks ...

???? Oh skitchy you like those landscapes ????
I should hope so, they are ALE's :)

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#6]
New deform filters!!
Not sure how useful this will be but im certain somewhere... someone will find use for it. ;) Deforms leaf patterns into almost any imageable shape.

Filter#21

edit: hmmm now that I look at it some, i suppose with the proper leaf texture that would make a pretty nice tropical tree...