Exporting vert colours from Wings3D

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Exporting vert colours from Wings3D

big10p(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi

I don't seem to be able to get vertex colours to export from Wings3D. I've tried converting materials to vertex colours and setting vert colours manually but when I export as 3DS, I can't get Blitz to display them. I have, of course, set the EntityFX flag to use vert colours but I still only see a bright white mesh.

Any ideas, peeps?

Cheers

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#2]
nothing wrong on your code; 3ds does not support vertex colors ;)

As far as I know, usual formats supporting vertex colors are x, and nendo.Hopefully, you have nendo export in Wings3d...Only useful if you have Ultimate Unwrap.Ultimate Unwrap even have some ui stuff to paint vertex colors.And it can export them, surely in b3d format, or x format, both support vertex colors, if I remember well.

Not sure if vrml 2.0 also supports them...gonna see now...

hmm..NO. Indeed, nendo format works, but for some reason it made me some holes in the mesh...

ok...seems vertex colors are not ported out of wings in nendo format, neithe rin wrml.Or at least is what I have seen in some seconds. I prefer Ultimate Unwrap interface for vertex colors...once in there, in the 3d window, hit V key, and click on the brush in the top tool bar...you have the colors in the status bar.SOme basic palette, but you can choose which ever the rgb color if click twice on the big color down there.

remember it depends on the number of vertex.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#3]

3ds does not support vertex colors ;)

Ah, thanks. That would explain it. :)

Pity Wings doesn't export .x files, and I don't have Ultimate Unwrap. :/

Oh, well - I'll find some way round the prob. Thanks again.