LWO exporting

Community Forums/Developer Stations/LWO exporting

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#1]
Im having some porblems correctly storing texture names inside a LWO file... Im writing several exporters and just can't get this one to work. Does lwo even support external texture naming? Any help would be much appericated.. thanks.

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#2]
From the Modeler -> Options menu select General Options then examine the ContentDirectory field.

If your textures are in the content directory or a subdirectory of then texture paths will be saved as relative to this directory, if not lightwave will save full texture paths.

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#3]
ty!

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#4]
Terrabit's the expert on lightwave file conversion..

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ok played with this some more today but little luck... Im able to export my mesh out of blitz and build the lwo format... save normals and uv's.

But i can't store the texture names correctly.. I either get Invalid Error box when i test loading the lwo in unwrap or the skins just dont appear and the Materials box remains empty.

I manually enter them into unwrap but for obvisous reasons that won't meet my needs.

Hmmmmm, anyone have some reference code for LWO laying around? i looked over the one in the code arcs but it's less advanced then where Im at now... Email me if so! thanks!

LwoScreen

PS: I no longer believe its a texture path problem but rather a problem with my brush chunks or the location/style im inputing them in as.