gile[s] version 1.30 is out :)

Community Forums/Developer Stations/gile[s] version 1.30 is out :)

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,

Version 1.30 is now up for grabs. Here's a list of changes and new stuff:

- Modify Plugin System
- Plugin System changes
- Import Plugin System
- General internal tweaks
- Select Light Method Drop Box
- Minor bug fixes
- Auto Export Lightmaps
- Export Selected
- Exporters moved to plugins
- Selection on Merge/Create
- Textbox/spinner errors fixed
- Smarter Statistics Gathering
- Smarter Lightmap Preparing
- Faster Lightmap Packing
- Post Rendering Hanging Minimized

But the biggest change is that rendering is now much much faster. On small scenes it's twice as fast, and on complex scenes it's up to and beyond 10 times faster.

The plugin system allows you to write your own plugins, to modify, import, export or create models.

Get it here: http://www.frecle.net/giles
Toolbox entry: http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=41

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hi Fredborg, thanks for the nice update :) it's normal when i try to open the samplescene.gls i have this message "Unsupported .gls version!" ?

Regards,

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#3]
Oh, hehe :) I'll fix that, it's a really old scene...

Edit: Fixed now!

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ok :) thanks.

Regards,

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#5]
Coolness!

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hi,

I added another feature:

- Apply Material to Polygon

This lets you apply a material to individual triangles ala Decorator.

Red(Posted 2004) [#7]
- Paint polygon
Great ! :D

- icon changed
All the short-sighted ones thank you

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#8]
hey, seems I'm gonna start using Giles with a flamant new version! ...great... :)

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thx for the update :)

boomboom(Posted 2004) [#10]
every new update you do seems to get twice as fast (or more)....soon it will be real time :) then twice as fast as real time....oooooooo

maximo(Posted 2004) [#11]
>then twice as fast as real time

soon it will take you in future if you want ;)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#12]
Sweet work Fredborg!

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#13]
Sweet Fredborg.

MSW(Posted 2004) [#14]
Once again, very nice! :D

Problem though - I have a small .3DS model made in Wings3D that I've been useing for testing perposes, contains a hair over 2k polygons and exactly 2 surfaces...

This new gile[s] version 1.3 locks up when loading it ... but previous gile[s] version 1.0 loads it just fine. (converted the model to a .OBJ and gile[s] 1.3 loads it just fine...might be just a problem with .3DS loading)

another possable bug concerns the lights in the model view tabber, even if the "enable light" box is checked...but the little "eye" icon is not then the light is not rendered.

Also the downloadable scenes on your site don't seem to load (gile[s] 1.3 reports them to be older versions) Specificly the parkinglot scene that I downloaded.

Great product though, very nice indeed :D

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#15]
Hi,

There was a bunch of errors in 1.30, so 1.31 is up now which should hopefully fix 'em :)

This new gile[s] version 1.3 locks up when loading it ... but previous gile[s] version 1.0 loads it just fine. (converted the model to a .OBJ and gile[s] 1.3 loads it just fine...might be just a problem with .3DS loading)
Try the new version and let me know if the problem is still there.

another possable bug concerns the lights in the model view tabber, even if the "enable light" box is checked...but the little "eye" icon is not then the light is not rendered.
It's supposed to be like that. The eye icon tells you whether a model is hidden or shown. A hidden light has no effect on a scene, just as a hidden model doesn't affect the scene.

ronbravo(Posted 2004) [#16]
This is one of Blitz's best apps. Thanks for the udpate