3DMax 5 and a Window.

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3DMax 5 and a Window.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hay all.

This is a Q for those of you who have been able to create a window in max.

Ok here is the problem, I have a window texture, at the moment its just two white outlined box's with all black in the middle.

I'm not sure how to texture a quad/plane in max with this texture and then export it so when I load the model into B3D the black area's are invisible, so I can see clean through it.

Loading the texture in code and setting its mask and alpha in code is not an option, this window will be part of a larger model so its all goto come in with one load call.

thanks for any help.

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#2]
I dont want to sound stupid or anything....but doesnt Blitz automatically mask out any areas on a texture that are pure-black on loaded models?

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#3]
You could use TextureFilter to set the mask flag on any models using the window texture. Alternatively you could probably use the B3D Pipeline to export your level straight to b3d with all the texture properties supported by Blitz in tact.

Big&(Posted 2004) [#4]
What Falcon said, Pipeline will keep everything as it should. Use the "Blitz3d Brush" material in Max. With that you can set masking and just about everything that Blitz supports.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ah iv not used the blitzbrush part of the pipeline yet.

Thanks for the heads up..

Rob(Posted 2004) [#6]
If you ever need 1 to 1 max help, catch me on blitzlounge or (rarer) on blitzbasic.