FruityLoops - Which Version To Buy ?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/FruityLoops - Which Version To Buy ?

semar(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,
I would like to buy FruityLoops.

From the main web site there are many versions, but I can't really understand the differences between the various issues.

Does someone use FL and if so, could suggest me the right version to check for ?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
I recommend the Fruityloops (ie. middle) edition because you get the Piano Roll and that is incredibly useful.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#3]
I went for the middle version a couple of weeks ago (Fruity Loops Edition $99) and must say I`m very happy with it. There`s always an option to upgrade if you need the pro features but the middle version gives more than enough.

Jason.

Ziltch(Posted 2004) [#4]
i bought the full version of fruity loops before it changed to FL studio. I was upset that my free lifetime updates meant I got upgraded to a cut down version of FL studio.

I do not mind no longer having the top full version. What is frustrating is all the extra options are visible but only come up with an advert asking you to upgrade to the full version! when they are clicked.

Most of these new disabled features can not be hidden and take up needed screen space.

When I mentioned these issues on the Fruity site I was verbally bashed for believing in the concept of promised free updates! I was also told the big difference between update and upgrade.

gpete(Posted 2004) [#5]
Oh, I have a demo version of FruityLoops and it lets you save in WAV format, which as everyone knows is ideal to use with Blitz!....and it has the piano roll in the demo....I really like the way you can make voices "sing"- it sounds so weird!

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#6]
So, um, are you suggesting using the demo version forever? Because not only is that unethical (you're not paying but you are using their software,) it won't work well. While the demo does let you export wav files, you can't save your work to edit your composition later.