is there a free look camera plugin for max???

Community Forums/Developer Stations/is there a free look camera plugin for max???

maximo(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi

has anyone heard of a plugin or a script for 3ds Max that lets you have a "freelook" camera, just like in FPS games, so you can use, w,a,s,d for movement and mouse for direction. Is there such a plugin for Max, does anyone know?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#2]
Don't quote me on this, but there are a couple of plugins for level building Quake-style. I think one of them is called Game Level Builder, but it might not be precisely that. I'm *fairly* sure one of those plugins has a fps-style camera.

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#3]
may I suggest :

http://www.scriptspot.com/start.htm

In camera section, but there's not what you want, but create camera from perspective view.

hey, yes, the script that Sybixsus mentioned does exactly that.(with 'Handy cam') Game Level Builder 2.22 Grab it at Script spot. Do a search to find it quick :)
Is at Game section,(many other great scripts there) but u can do a search instead :)

In blender, you can exactly do that. :)

[ Also, there's a maxscript very good, that given a camera path , angle, etc, (polyvis I think) will delete any non seen polygon. With the option of non deleting but leaving it selected (so u can then save the selection,asign a material id, delete or whatever. ) ]