UU3D .b3d export

Community Forums/Developer Stations/UU3D .b3d export

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#1]
Has/Is anyone currently using Ultimate Unwrap 3D and the .b3d export plugin? If so, would you mind dropping a line or two here with your opinion/advise/feedback on how well it works/doesn't work? Thanks!

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#2]
It works!

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#3]
if you only buy it for this one reason, you have totally missed wherefor it is ;)

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#4]
There's not much to say. It's flawless. I export everything from 3dsMax via Ultimate Unwrap, then export to b3d, even if I'm going to take it to Gile[s] next. The UU exporter just makes life easy. In the case that you're coming from Max, it also gives you the option of using Physique, which I believe B3dPIpeLine doesn't. But yeah, if I've never managed to break it, it must be idiot proof.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
Note that it is the only 3D art tool which can import skeletal animated b3d models. In fact, it's import/export capabilities are so robust that UU is my favorite for all sorts of file format conversions. Currently it is the best way from a variety of tools (eg. Maya) since it can import .x with skeletal animation intact (including vertex weights) and export to b3d.

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thx dudes. I like UU3D but have held off buying, trying to get the most bang for the buck. UU3D does .b3d and .dts exports, evidently both very well. Cool!

Thx Dreamora for the Zen:
"you have totally missed wherefor it is"

A new mantra for meditation... 8^)