CharFX wont export properly!

Community Forums/Developer Stations/CharFX wont export properly!

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#1]
I exported an animation with charFX to B3d format and the skeletons joints were rotated.
Most of the skeleton was actually upside-down,but one leg was the right way round.

Is there a solution to this?

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#2]
Slenkar

I don't know if this willhelp but I noticed when I export B3D from Milkshape something similar happens if you are not on the first frame of the animation.

So I exit the animation section of MS or I make sure I am on frame one.

IPete2.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#3]
thanks ill try it

edit-
D'oh it still doesnt work

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#4]
I export animations from CFX to B3D and everything is fine in Blitz3D but screwed in Ultimate Unwrap 3D...??

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#5]
@Slenkar

Do any of the joints have the same name, if so, take care that every joint has a unique name. If the animation runs fine in CFX, try to export with each frame being a key frame. Also test the animation in lineair mode, sinc this is how it will play in blitz.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#6]
Some of the joints are called "joint 'x' copy" instead of just "joint 'x'"
does that make a difference?

I tried making every frame a keyframe but it didnt make a difference.

I noticed that the joint that connects the legs together has 2 references "joint 17" and "joint 17 copy"
joint 17 seems to make all the bones yellow apart from one leg when it is selected.
"joint 17 copy" makes just the leg go yellow when it is selected.

This corresponds to my problem because the whole skeleton apart from this leg is upside-down when exported.

The way I made the skeleton probably messed it up.

What is the best way to make a human skeleton and copy the legs and arms from one side to the other??

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#7]
@Slenkar
I sent you a skeleton to play with.

Normally i work from the rootbone to the hips then up to the crown of the head. Then i add the arms seperately, just using the grid to align them. Then the pelvis and legs. Of course it's much easier if you have a model as a reference to build your skeleton in.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#8]
how do you make sure the arms and legs are identical?
just use the grid?
thanks for the skeleton

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#9]
I normally build the skeleton inside a model, using the model and the grid as a reference. The skeletons are indeed not 100% identical. But the difference is too little to notice.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#10]
ok thanks