TrueSpace

Community Forums/Developer Stations/TrueSpace

Eric(Posted 2004) [#1]
Check This link Out

http://www.caligari.com/store/special/summer_school04/summer_school04.html

It's a pretty good deal, Watch some of the free training courses to give you an Idea.

This is a fantastic deal for someone looking to get into TrueSpace

I've spent a ton of money on upgrades, I wish I had waited 10 years for this deal!!! hahahah

Regards,
Eric

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#2]
I heard about that. From what I've seen they are quite good with those classes.
Hey, I just learned a ton off of the NURBS tutorial freebie thing.

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#3]
Heh, heh, now that I work for the company I've gotten to take a look at the videos free (though I no longer have any time to do anything with the knowledge I've gained ;) )

They really are excellent. We just did a new one showing off the multi-pass rendering features of trueSpace for Illustrators/iPak for tS6.6 and how to take advantage of them in Photoshop, etc. Very cool stuff.
M

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#4]
I really, really need a decent modeling/texturing/animation package that is simple for a programmer to use. Could this be the one? What other alternatives are available at this price range?

Thanks in advance!

Ethan3850(Posted 2004) [#5]
GameSpace might be better suited, either way try GameSpace Lite and the TrueSpace demos first (they are free) as some people can't get away with Caligari. I don't think TrueSpace 5 comes with native B3d support which could be a problem if your planning to use it for Blitz3d.

No other packages that are about the same price, they're either alot more expensive or cheaper - you pay for what you get. I'd advise trying the demos out for all of the major software (like 3d Studio Max) to see which ones you like and can afford/are willing to pay for. You might be able to pick up a cheap copy on e-bay.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#6]
Well I am a very happy truespace owner now. The deadline for ordering this brill package was tomorrow so I couldn't resist the purchase. :D I ordered the download version instead of the SHipped version and am downloading it now. :D

I am happy as I now have a proper 3d animation/modeling package and do not have to use things like gamespace or gmax.

I was very supried when I saw this and my credit card started speaking to me. ;p

Check out the download page. ALl these tuts for me in either single or complete download. :D

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#7]
Whoa, that's going to burn up the bandwidth. It took me a few days to get everything downloaded myself :)
M

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#8]
Well, the deal ends in 13 hours! I'm still looking for more comments about truespace. If you are a user of ts please let me know the pros and cons if you will.

Many thanks!

Eric(Posted 2004) [#9]
There is a learning curve with the interface, but it is very intuitive...To me that is... I didn't have the courses listed above, but I find it very east to use. There are a few things that 5.2 does not have. For me that is an unwrapper.

For the price, you can't beat it. I've put many $'s into Truespace over the years. And to upgrade to 5.2 from 4 was I think 399 dollars.

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thanks for the info Eric. I am now officially a TrueSpace owner! God I hope I made the right decision :)~

Eric(Posted 2004) [#11]
Well, I think they have a return policy. So :)

I wish the courses were cheaper to buy.

Ethan3850(Posted 2004) [#12]
Once you've worked out how to use the UI and Icon Finder any 3d tutorial will do really. The only course I would consider buying would be the animation one as it would probably be alot quicker to follow it rather than try to work out how and what you can animate by trial and error.

But since they were all included in the price it was a good deal.

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#13]
Eric,
I shouldn't say but we're shortly going to have a deal you might be interested in. Upgrade to 6.6 and all of our courses for a pretty good price. Send me your e-mail if you want me to let you know when we launch it. Also, if you've already got some videos we'll give you a small credit back on them.
Michael

michaela@...

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#14]
Well, after mucking about for some hours with truespace I have to say it really is a good bit of kit. It took somne time for me to get used to the user interface but once you do you'll be making nice models in no time.

I for one am glad I made this purchase. I have been looking for ages for a good deal and luckily I found one.

@mearrin69 - Can you put my email down for that upgrade deal. I would like to check it out once its available.

amon(at)kamikazekrow(dot)com

Thx

Amon

Nacra(Posted 2004) [#15]
Caligari ran a smaller bundle deal with GameSpace for $270 and I bit. Maybe they offer it to everyone that downloads Gamespace Light?

I got the polygon editing and animation courses, along with a level exporter plug-in, so it was $100+ off the normal price, actually cheaper than the normal $300 for GameSpace.

I haven't spent enough time with it yet but it looks like a good, integrated package. It should be a big improvement over my old, amateur workflow using Wings3d and Tattoo. I'm interested in baking in lightmaps and using the procedural textures/shaders. I'm hoping to do most of my work with texture layers right in GameSpace - but really I don't know enough about it to give a good review yet.

Eric(Posted 2004) [#16]
Michael,

If you click my name, My E-mail is on there... I stay in contact with caligari, And am looking for some good deals, but it seems the money is never there. Everything else takes priority. I think once the summer is over and I spend more time infront of my computer, I will make the investment.

Keep me on your mailing list. Caligari Does!! :)

Regards,
Eric

PS I just wish I didn't have to upgrade to get B3D Export.

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#17]
Congratulations Eric, you've just put yourself on the Caligari treadmill of 'never to be repeated' offers (which are then repeated the next month), paying for tutorials, paying for +.1v releases, in fact paying for everything.

Not to mention the bugs.

Good luck to ya.

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#18]
Actually, MadJack, the offers are pretty carefully thought out. We offer a product and people buy it or not based on their own perception of value. Our products are price/performance as good as anything out there and we always want to make sure that our customers feel that they've gotten a value.

If you've got a specific complaint, technical or customer service, that we can redress please let me know and we WILL take care of it for you. If you don't and you're just posting to post I'd ask you to refrain from making disparaging remarks in forums.
Thanks,
Michael

Eric(Posted 2004) [#19]
MadJAck,

Just an FYI, I've been using truespace when 2.0 was released (This is not something recent for me) and have never been disapointed with the value, the product nor the customer and techinical support.

I just decided to start this thread because I thought others would benefit.

Regards,
Eric