Fruity Loops, which version?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Fruity Loops, which version?

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#1]
For all those that use the excellent Fruity Loops, which version is the best one to buy? There are three different ones and I`m a little unsure. Can anyone offer any advice?
I want it to have enough features to be an effective music tool but I don`t know whether to go for the most expensive version or if the lower cost one would be best. I do not want to be left with the feeling that I should have gone for the highest cost version if the lower ones are lacking in features but at the same time I do not have money to burn. Any help would be great.

Jason.

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#2]
Sorry. Can't help you here. I'm a Reason user.

GW(Posted 2004) [#3]
FL Studio.

Its well worth it.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#4]
FL Studio, How much is that one? Is that the most expensive or the $99 one?

Jason.

morduun(Posted 2004) [#5]
If you think you'll ever have the desire to mix prerecorded .wav files into a produced final product, go Studio. Otherwise the other packages will do you just fine.

Agreed with GW though -- Studio's well worth it.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#6]
Ok, last question. They`re all called FL Studio so which one is the one you guys are recommending from the list below?

FL Studio comes in three flavours :

FL Studio Producer Edition ($149)
FL Studio Fruityloops Edition ($99)
FL Studio Express ($49)

Is it the $99 one or the $149 one?
Thanks for all your help BTW.
Jason.

Cold Harbour(Posted 2004) [#7]
If you can go for Fruityloops edition. The Express version is way too limited (No VST/DXI support, no automation). Mind you, you might not want these features. Do you plan to use an external sequencer like Sonar or Cubase? Do you plan to add other synths later? If so then buy the middle version because you'll grow into it.

Can't you get a demo of the different versions?

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#8]
I`m not sure. I downloaded the 28mb one but I didn`t see an option for the other versions. I think its the $99 dollar version. I`m torn between the $99 one and $149 one. Hmmmm....

Jason.

GW(Posted 2004) [#9]
I use FL almost exlusively for drum tracks, so I rarely use the vsti interface or automation. the best feature IMO of studio version is the ability to have each pattern in its own time signature which was not possible in the older FL.
If your project was setup in 4/4 then every pattern had to be 4/4.