Molebox now for 49$ and a new Pro Version

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Molebox now for 49$ and a new Pro Version

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#1]
Many have asked for a cheaper version of molebox, as well as for the ability to additionally pack data to a file. The people from Molebox did it, although not both things in the same product. Of course.

Molebox has now two versions: The Pro Version with a new feature that allows to add data packages and a new interface for 99$, and a basic version without the additional data packaging and dll embedding support for 49$. It is a cheaper solution for those who don't plan to use external dlls (or at least don't need to pack and protect them).

The Pro Version is a free upgrade for all customers of the original Molebox.
http://www.molebox.com

semar(Posted 2004) [#2]
From what I understand, you *can* embed a DLL in the cheaper version of molebox.

What the pro version has more, is the ability to 'organize updates, patches, add-ons and level packs'.

Or am I missing something ?

Sergio.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#3]
I bought the pro version not long ago. I was suprised to see a standard version. The thing is I went for the Pro single developer licence because I wanted the extra packing features including dll's. I highly reccomend MoleBox. It also works seamlessly with Visual C++.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
semar, the newsletter says:
"(...) The regular version, MoleBox, without the ability to create additional data packages and embed DLLs, is now available for $49. (...)" . Whatever that means. I guess the "without" is meant for both, but I could be wrong.

semar(Posted 2004) [#5]
You are right jfk, fact is, I haven't the newsletter, so I've just red the website, and I can't see where they say that DLL packaging is only a Pro feature; but perhaps you are right...

Sergio.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#6]
hmm! I really should read more clearly. Didnt mean to confuse the situation. I thought the pro version allowed packing of dll's while the standard didnt. Well Atleast thats what it said in the email I got from the developer.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
They really should note this on the webpage...

Daz(Posted 2004) [#8]
This is great news.

I think $49 (especially as that is only about £27 for us Brits) is fantastic value.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Daz.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#9]
I wonder if they actually mean that you can have multiple packages (per project) with the PRO one and only one package with the normal one?

Daz(Posted 2004) [#10]
I think this post on the Molebox forum shows that DLL packing is not part of the $49 verson. Shame that.

http://www.molestudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#11]
Molebox/Molebox Pro
Version 2.2.0, released 05/17/2004

What's new:
- In Pro version added the ability to create several additional data packages.
- In Standard version no additional data packages allowed, and no DLLs can be embedded.
- Completely remade graphical user interface.
- Several more minor fixes.

Upgrade policy:
All registered users of MoleBox 2.1.xx automatically become users of MoleBox Pro.

Cool! (As I have the "old" version...)

http://www.molestudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68

Rob(Posted 2004) [#12]
I downloaded my new molebox pro today. I did pay half the price for it also ;)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#13]
Daz - however, you still can use it to pack all other files and leave the dlls unpacked.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#14]
Rob, thanks for the tip back then - I bought mine half price too... just week before pro version came (which I got "for free")! :)