PaintJob3D 0.6 is available

Community Forums/Developer Stations/PaintJob3D 0.6 is available

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#1]
Have speeded up the controls a touch.
Due to JPG licensing issues we have removed JPG support for the time being.
Meshes now support upto 50 surfaces, not that you need that many :)
Fixed various other minor bugs.
Oh yes and did i forget to mention its FREE..!

regards

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
OK. First model I loaded (b3d) had an illegal PSD for the texture which crashed PaintJob.

Second and third model I loaded (both b3d) refused to load because of the JPG issue. Can it not at least create a new BMP texture as a replacement, instead of just refusing to load it?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
JPG License only disallows to save as JPEG, it does not prohibit to load jpg or to save a jpg UNALTERED (defacto the same as copy file). And for the worst case scenario you should be able to rename a jpg to BMP and Blitz will still load it correctly, if the mesh does reference a BMP in the texture chunk. (I usually do this when I used BMPs in the dev process and then want to shrink the release size: simply convert to JPG and rename back to BMP - it works)

DAGJ - thanks a zillion for releasing this for free!

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thank you for the feed back :)

I'm working on the problem right now, hopfully have an update today or tomorrow .

What i'm doing to resolve the problem is to get PaintJob3D to search for the name of the texture then if it cant find it to search for the .bmp equivalent, and if it cant find that then to create a new texture :)

Although i could get it to just load the jpg and then output to bmp, it makes it awkward when re-loading the model and finding the new texture as the model holds the texture name, so I think it may be easier to get the program to search for a texture with the same name which may not have the same extension. :)

Hope you understood that lol

regards

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
What is PaintJob3D? Is it a 3D paint tool like Tattoo?

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yes PaintJob3D is a mesh painting tool :)

regards

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#7]
Theres a new update on the site for download :)

You can now load in meshes with JPG textures but they will be saved in BMP format in the same place as the model.
Remember that you will need to convert the exported textures back to JPG format to load back into PaintJob3D :)

regards