Rhino now has animation

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Rhino now has animation

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#1]
There is supposed to be a new plug in for RHINO called "Rhinoman" It is listed on the SUPPORT pages at the Rhino website... ALSO is a C++ lib so plugins can be created... Maybe someone smart can script a rhino B3D plugin???

-Rook

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#2]
iirc Rhinoman is just a plug-in meant originally to export to BMRT (the Renderman knock-off that everyone loved). when BMRT was alive, Rhino v2 had a direct link to it for rendering. since the developers have since added Flamingo to Rhino (a slooooow renderer from all reports) it's discussed much less on design forums.

there's something called Bongo which is a keyframe animation add-on that's supposed to be in the works. nothing you'd want for games. Rhino is very much an industrial design tool (alot of people in my line of business use it) and i believe Bongo is intended to show simple anims for design presentations.

Rhino's more like a low cost Alias Studio modeler than a Maya. nice program. great bang/$. excellent support for CAD/CAM applications. but doubt a B3D exporter would help many people.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah, Rhino is not really good for low pol modeling. It is a NURBS tool after all. While it can export meshes to low resolution if you want it to, it's not designed for that and thus not an ideal tool for that purpose.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#4]
I would love MAYA... no ca$h! I was just wishing for a .B3D exporter for Rhino (which I own 1.0 only!) so I could use one of the B3D animation tools on the models created. : )

I would also wish that if there is a "boolean extraction" method in Maplet or Milkshape that someone could point me the way to see that feature... It is the method of extraction that makes Rhino good (in my eyes) You can always create mesh after you finish Rhino Creating.

If you go to: http://www.silverimports.com/3ds.html

You will see a few items created in Rhino (most of which on that page I created.. BUT NOT ALL) and then exported to 3DS in Rhino and SOME even ported to B3D via Milkshape.

As B3D they aren't too big. : )

Some even have the textures encoded. A few...