Xlnt II is ... well ... excellent.

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Xlnt II is ... well ... excellent.

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#1]
Just thought I'd post here to say how much I'm loving this lib. It looks and feels DAMN professional, and its very fast and easy to get into.

The only 2 things I'd like to see are :
1) Improvements to the GUI designer (minor glitches mostly) such as text highlighting in textboxes doesn't seem to work properly.
Or - better still - release the source of the GUI designer ... PLEASE :)

2) Put the help system into a decl file (so that commands are highlighted) and make the help page into a format that can be used by the Blitz help system (see SpriteControl for an example). I'd love to have a specific Xlnt rollout link in the Command Ref nav bar (you know, where the rollout links like 2D-Category & 3D - A-Z are).

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#2]
Great product, it is what I was using before I switched to BUI.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#3]
XLnt II Forum here:
http://playerfactory.proboards25.com

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#4]
Skitchy, if you are registered or plan to soon you can get access to the source for the GUI designer from the official website. I do agree with you that this could be improved as its pretty unstable on my machine. I also agree with what you say about the docs, that would be great!

Jason.

Yappy(Posted 2004) [#5]
glad you like it Skitchy!

been a bit quiet on the news lately but have been busy working on the next update - will be released this week!

good idea about the docs and the decls. will definatly look into this ;)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#6]
Will the new version work with B+ Canvas?

Yappy(Posted 2004) [#7]
no idea - haven't got B+ :) been meaning to buy that for a while .....

just finishing off the new text routines (again) - text wrap boxes are back in!

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#8]
just finishing off the new text routines (again) - text wrap boxes are back in!
thank you kind sir :cD

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#9]
Looking forward to that update! Will there ever be a more stable update to the GUI designer? As this, in my opinion, is the only thing lacking and is pretty essential.

Jason.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2004) [#10]
> good idea about the docs and the decls. will definatly look into this ;)

Yappy: consider then using Cod2Doc, which is creating automatically for you the decls file (in order to highlight the function). It also creates the help file in the good format, but for this you will need to comment your functions in the code...

Nice news to know that new version of xlnt will be released soon!!

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#11]
I've just bought my license :)
EDIT : Came through in under 10 minutes. New record :) :)

Is there a 'color picker' available as an Xlnt plugin?

Yappy(Posted 2004) [#12]
welcome aboard skitchy!

there's a couple of color pickers sitting on my hard-drive - i'll fish em out ready for the update release (this week)

Mikele(Posted 2004) [#13]
Is XLNTiiGUI faster than BlitzUI (in 2D & 3D apps)?

Yappy(Posted 2004) [#14]
check out the demo and compare them urself - XLnt is pretty quick tho :)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#15]
Oh great Yappy one, how is progress going on the update?

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#16]
Too bad we can't use different fonts... :(

Yappy(Posted 2004) [#17]
brice - just adding a couple of functions - should be out friday ;)

P-Q4 - if ur willing to stick to the same size font then i could release my little font making tool.

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#18]
Hey there Yappy

While browsing your site, I could not find any screen shots. Could you send me a few different looks of your GUI in action. I'm looking for a nice flexible GUI that will fit in game projects as well as utilities.

Thanks,

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#19]
i love Xlnt as well!!! cant waiit for this update :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#20]
As I said before in an other thread, I love it as well. I love to paint fancy lil icons for the fancy menu system - it's a pleasure. HOwever, I mentioned freeing long lists with several thousands of elements may be pretty slow, please have a look into that issue. Although it might be caused by the nature of types anyway.

Yappy(Posted 2004) [#21]
to be honest - i never thought about having lists with 1000's of items, but i will take a look to see if they can speeded up.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#22]
XLntII is excellent. I tried the demo... but no matter what I'd do, the designer would always crash.

Yappy(Posted 2004) [#23]
got time to code my own editor now - so thats the next job...