CShop Owners!!! Importer for .B3D files...

Community Forums/Developer Stations/CShop Owners!!! Importer for .B3D files...

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi All,

Just want to get other CShop or possibly new CShop owners
opinions on this! If someone was to develope an importer
for CShop to allow the import of .B3D files into CShop,
Would it be worth it to you to purchase it? I mean an importer that actually WORKS!!!! Not the PrefabMaker for CShop that only coverts the mesh only without the texture UV's!!! If someone was to develope a plug-in to allow the proper import of .B3D model files, Would you purchase it? I know I sure would!!!
However though! I got someone im' talking to right now that has the talent & skill to do just that! But Im' trying to see if others feel like me regarding this situation here? If enough people post to this and show that they would be interested in just such an importer for CShop... This plug-in just might get created for us all! So what do you all think about this? We really need this badly though! So how about it?

EDIT: The importing problem has been resolved!!

Look here to see!

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#2]
Since it makes little if any sense that Halo didn't incorporate that into Cshop to begin with then I wonder if there's a reason behind it? Maybe he's already told us, I forget. Perhaps importing B3D objects actually screws up the lighting or saving of the file. Who knows? I'd download a plug-in but I doubt I'd pay much for it.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#3]
I wonder what reason that could be. Gile[s] can import b3d. Of course it's possible to do this.

Halo can do that, I am sure. I don't know why he doesn't. I would say it has something to do with the internal structure of the program - something important has to be changed, and it is risky to do it.

Regards,
Dirk

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'd download a plug-in but I doubt I'd pay much for it.

well... That's real inspiring to anyone that might of been thinking about developing a plug-in for CShop and would want to maybe make a little money off of it since it's obvious that halo doesn't have any intensions of creating a importer for CShop I guess?!? If this thread ends up getting negitive feed back like this... I guess john probably wont be to interested in wanting to make a plug-in for CShop then... he was going to visit this forum to see just how many people would of been interested in this... but I havn't seen no other post except your's, So I guess John wont be to motivated to want to do this then! Oh well... At least I tried to get this done somehow! But I guess most of the people on these forums here doesn't really care if an importer for .B3D model imports for CShop ever gets created or not?! At least I tried though! :)

P.S. It is possible to make a plug-in .dll to allow the import of .B3D files.. How do I know? I asked halo this before, And he said that CShop is capable of having such an importer because he made it so with CShop4.1...
He said that someone has to write it though! That's why im' trying to get some people interested enough to get someone to do this for CShop! It can be done!! :)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#5]
CShop is published by the Dark BASIC folks, why would they want to support B3D?

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thats a Dumb answer, Cshop is made in Blitz+ and Opengl for a start. They sell Gamespace and Gile[s] which also support B3D and again Gile[s] is written in Blitz.

And it's not actually up to them what Cshop supports but Halo as it's his program. I would think he could add .b3d support but maybe there isn't enough demand ?

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#7]
Because they want to sell products? If they don't get to sell DB to B3D owners, they could make some money by selling tools to both groups.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#8]
I would think he could add .b3d support but maybe there isn't enough demand ?
Probably not, last I knew DBPro does NOT support B3D.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#9]
Why would DBpro support B3D ? I never said that.

Infact Cshop doesn't currently export to the DBpro .dbo format as far as I no, which is there answer to .b3d
You seem to think they control Cshop, they only publish it and as Dirk said, they are willing to make money off anyone, there not worried what language you code in.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#10]
Why would DBpro support B3D ? I never said that.
Then do not be surprised that their products do not support B3D. Blitz Research and The Game Creators are two entirely different companies, each with their own products. It is not DB's place to make and market products for Blitz users and it is not Blitz's place to make and market products for DB users.

Gripes about DB products should be posted on the DB boards not here.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#11]
Here are the official support forums for CShop:
http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=13

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#12]
Are you unable to read correctly Miami Brice?
Cshop was made in B+, with I believe purebasic dll's and opengl. It's only sold by TGC, it is not a "DB product" as you put it. It already features and export to the .b3d format, all Doctor Who is asking is if Halo, who coded Cshop, can add a .b3d import feature.

This is the Other Tools area of the blitz site and posting about tools such as Cshop here is perfectly acceptable.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#13]
This is the Other Tools area of the blitz site and posting about tools such as Cshop here is perfectly acceptable.
You really seem confused. Blitz is written in VC++ do you go to the MS site to seek help for Blitz? No you go to the Blitz site. CShop may be written in B+, but it is sold by DB. The official support forums are at the DB site. If you want a new feature, that is where you should post the feature request. Blitz has no control over what features are implemented into DB products and I have never seen DB jumping on the Blitz forums to provide tech support. If you want to see new features in a DB product, you need to post it on the DB forums where they can actually see it and perhaps take action on the suggestions.

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#14]
Hopefully Halo sees this post and considers making that b3d import functionality, but just to get it right, CShop isn't being sold by DB, because DB is a product not a company. TGC sells CShop and among a big list of other products also sells DB. I can see the point in using the CShop forum, which is already in place, instead of posting here, but that doesn't make it less wrong that DB isn't selling anything but TGC is.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#15]
I am not confused MB, you seem to be unable to accept facts. If stuff about Cshop should not be here why does Halo post about it here?

Some Forum post in this section on CSHop, posted by Halo, the coder of Cshop :)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=31294
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=23770
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=23199
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=23090

So if the coder posts in here then why not ask questions of the product in here, yes they can ask over in the other forums as well if they want.

As for Cshop being a DB product, it's not, it's a TGC product, they just happen to be the company that sells DB as well.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#16]
If stuff about Cshop should not be here why does Halo post about it here?
Why does Halo post half the crap he does on the Blitz forums? His posts run from "I am God" to "Amnerica sucks" to "Christians Suck" to "Elvis ate my baby alien". ;c)

So if the coder posts in here then why not ask questions of the product in here,
I am not sure how long you have been around DB, but the DB folks will generally cave to community pressure. If they have requests on the "official forums" (where your posts actually matter) for B3D support, they are more likely to have Halo add support for it. DBS/TGC (or whatever name they are using this week) do not use the Blitz forums for support, never have, never will. So any posts here don't matter in the long run.

As for Cshop being a DB product, it's not, it's a TGC product, they just happen to be the company that sells DB as well.
Yes a year or so back Dark BASIC Software started working under the aegis The Game Creators. Its still the same company and the same folks running it which is rather unfortunate and is why a simple 100line program in DBPro compiles to a 5MB exe.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#17]
So I take it that not to many people on here would like to see an importer for the .B3D file format ever get created for CShop then?

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#18]
The importing problem has been resolved!!

Look here to see!

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#19]
Hehe...So you got what you wanted, it happened way faster than you could've dreamed about and it works great. And the fact that "I" wouldn't have been real interested in paying for it didn't factor in one bit. It's interesting how these things go sometimes. I'm glad you got the fix! And thnx for mirroring the link so I can have a looksee too...

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#20]
DocWho,

I am glad it works, and I think it's a great feature. @doggie: do you own CShop?

@Halo: thanks. You are about to get a new customer.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#21]
Sometimes I can be persistant sometimes!! hee hee
But halo was busy with other projects too! I asked him if he would create a section on either the DarkBasic website or his to help keep all of us posted as to what his working on so we wont get the wrong idea and start complaining unnecessaryly!! But as soon as halo got his other project done I guess... He got this fixed pretty quick!! :)

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#22]
@Dirk Krause, Yes I have the latest version.
Admittedly I haven't used it a lot since I haven't been
doing anything with Blitz for the last several
months.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#23]
DoctorWho: I would not bet on your guess ... just because I own CS since 2.08 and had to learn halo's way of costumer support or interest in support them ( he has written this editor for their own project. so he normally only adds stuff that might be of any use for their project or which he advertised on the page )

An importer would be nice because the prefab maker is useless. It is a Blitz3D programm that loads the models, gets the geometry data and converts them to CSM 4.1 format. but as you can't get texture information out of vertex data this informations are dropped.

so halo would have to write his own importer / parser like Mikkel ( Gile[s] ) did ... and I think before this happens, Microsoft will make Windows Opensource

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#24]
hehe - nichts für ungut dreamora ;)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=33563