TreeD

Community Forums/Developer Stations/TreeD

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#1]
I took a look at this, and the animations and leaves look pretty good, even though the trunks aren't that great. It only exports to the Giles format. Does Giles save the animations and export them in a b3d? In other words, can I buy Giles to use as a converter from TreeD to a usable format?

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yes - you can export from Giles to b3d. No the animations don't come across.

IPete2.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hi,

The animation isn't preserved. You can export it to b3d, x, 3ds, ase and dbo from gile[s].

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#4]
@halo

Gile[s] is an excellent program halo!! I use gile[s] to import either .X, or .B3D, or .3ds into my levels that I have created from CShop4.1 It's just a shame though I have to use gile[s] to be able to import model objects into my levels!! This is something that your CShop4.1 should have for it's customers! I hope if you do buy gile[s] from fredborg and such... That you will play around with it and determine that an importer is also needed for CShop4.1 as well for your customers! Since I never did recieve a reply from you concerning this on the Leadwerks forum under the topic: " Problems with PrefabMaker4 " Im' posting this issue here as well! I realize you mentioned that writing an importer is a big job in all! But like i said in my topic in the leadwerks forums... once the importer has been written and all... You wont have to worry about writing it again and it will be finished!! Plus your customers will have fewer complaints about this too! But then again!!! This is just a mer suggestion on my part! Thank's for the great software you have written though! I do appreciate your hard work & efforts for these programs!