Geoscape3d question

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Geoscape3d question

angel martinez(Posted 2004) [#1]
Can anyone tell me if is it possible to scale in Blitz3d a terrain exported from Geoscape3d like a bitmap and to keep the terrain texture(scaled also i think) made and applied with that tool? I mean that if the texture fits the terrain like it did before scaling.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
I don't know anything about Geoscape and I'm not exactly understanding your question, but if you create a Blitz terrain by loading a heightmap image and then apply a texture to that terrain, you can scale the terrain normally using entity commands.

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#3]
[plug]Try my terrain maker Total Terrain - free and you can paint the terrain too... (Check my sig)

angel martinez(Posted 2004) [#4]
To mrtricks:
I have tried your excellent tool Total Terrain but I think it is not fully implemented the paint terrain feature to make the colormaps.
My main problem with terrains is to obtain a good looking colormap.I know it is possible with Photoshop but my skill with that program is not good enough.
Thanks.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#5]
In general you can scale both texture and terrain. So it is possible to fit the hills of the heightmap with the hills of the texturemap (if that was the question). Geoscape3D is a program that should solve the problem with good looking colormaps.

To try it, you should download their demo at
[a]http://www.deliverancesoftware.co.uk/download/index.htm[/a]. The price is a bit hefty, but it may well be worth it.

Regards,
Dirk