Lightwave Convertor Package

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Lightwave Convertor Package

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi All,

I just finished updating the Lightwave convertors. The updated convertors are downloadable from the Specs and Utils area of this site, or directly from here.

This release slightly updates the BetaDeform convertor and makes it a full release. It also updates the overall build of the Rigid Convertor and fixes some issues (there may be more in there somewhere.)

Let me know how you lightwavers get on (with example files if things are going wrong!).

Have fun,

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#2]
Thank you, Lee. :c)

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks a million :)

Jason.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#4]
cheers lee

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#5]
Lee

Thanks for all your hard work on this convertor - it's really useful - particularly in getting animation and smoothing info from LW6.5 to Blitz. Ripper.

But, an observation and a question.

Firstly, using the figure I sent you (the robot) - LWRigid will convert the LWO file nicely, along with smoothing.

Converting a LWS file which includes the robot LWO and a separate weapon LWO results in the weapon LWO being missed and also one of the robot's feet being missed (Layer16 - the last layer in the Robot LWO).

I guess the convertor can't handle multi object LWS files? I guess the simplest workaround here is to include the weapon/tool LWO in the robot's layers, but it would be nice to have multi object scenes processed as one to avoid ending up with an included copy of every object in every LWO. Guess this might not be easy to do though.

Secondly, should setting a surface luminosity to 100% result in a fullbright Blitz surface? I can't seem to get a conversion here.

Thanks again.

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hi MadJack,

I'll have a look at the fullbright thing.

Usually the weapon would have to be a layer. I may have to have a look at multi object scenes at some time in the future.

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#7]
Ok. The above archive has been updated. Fullbright now works and the scaling keys are in.

Let me know how you get on. ;)