3ds MAX. setting up units

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3ds MAX. setting up units

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#1]
Which should I use? Generic, meters. I want to get a 1:1 with blitz. If I was to model a cube in max that was 100 meters sq, how would that appear in blitz?

What scaling methods do you guys use?
How do you setup a level that is workable in blitz, ie size?

what does 10 blitz units = to in units in max?

Do you like toast?

My current modeling skillz are excellent when it comes to modeling and texturing a brick or a sphere. I own at that. :D

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#2]
I normally set max to meters and try to model to true life sizes.
when importing into blitz you can use the fitmesh command if needed to basically fit the mesh into a specific area, i.e. FitMesh entity,0,0,0,1,1,1,True

regards

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thx DAGJ.

carrzkiss(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hello All;
New to "Blitz3D" just purchased Saturday.

I have "3DS Max" and have been trying to find some good tutorials on how to really get good use out of the program?
And how to start using it.... I have done a tutorial about a year ago, and it turned out pretty decent, but I would like to find some more.
I have looked at some books, but the ones that I have seen just do not have anough information in them for someone like myself.

Any good tutorials? Please post,
Thank You
Wayne

podperson(Posted 2004) [#5]
Actually the tutorials that come with 3dsmax (in its online help and manuals) are quite good. Have you tried them?

carrzkiss(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thank You "podperson"

I will check them out, I am going to be re-installing the program here in a few days, when I get the free time.
So that will be the first thing I do.

Thank you
Wayne