textures in truespace?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/textures in truespace?

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#1]
I've spent the past 1 1/2 hours searching for how to apply pre-made texture's onto objects in truespace. I don't mean shaders or transparency maps or bumpmaps so for the love of god don't bring up the name! What I am trying to do is apply a wood texture, and a texture with a bit of writing on it onto an object, and later UV map it. I am using truespace 5. I tried using the image browser, but whenever I try to open something to library, I get an error saying that "I can add images only to material library", even with textures that came with the program. I also can find a button in the material creating window for everything except for textures. So, help please?
How can I load a texture from a file onto a 3d model in truespace 5?

Garion(Posted 2004) [#2]
In the material editor colour selection box, right click and choose the purple Texture Map image with Caligari written on it. This loads a place holder image for yer texture.

Click the little red triangle in the 'Colour' properties and then load yer texture from there.

The second texture can be done as a material rectangle (a decal)

Load the texture as before, then choose 'Material Rectangle' from the UV options.

I hope this is of help to yoo.

Garion

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#3]
you should also be able to drag and drop a texture from the image browser to the colour panel.

And I think also directly onto the object itself.