gile[s]: ASE Export

Community Forums/Developer Stations/gile[s]: ASE Export

Big&(Posted 2004) [#1]
First, sorry for posting here but the gile[s] forum wont send me my password so I cant post there. :(

Not sure if this is a problem with gile[s] or a limitation of the ASE file format.

When I export a lit scene from gile[s] to and ASE file (so I can basically get it back into Max) it seems to loose one set of UV's. The lightmap will be mapped fine but the underlying texture will be mapped wrong as both the texture and the lightmap are using the same UV channel.

Its not just Max as if I load the same ASE straight back into gile[s] its got the same problem.

(I have tried the Max ASE importer from the gile[s] site and one from Discreet support)

So its either ASE cant handle 2 UV channels or there is a small bug in gile[s] ASE export.

I can provide a file that shows the problem. (The zip will be quite big!) Or some screen shots.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#2]
I posted this there for you:

http://gilesforum.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=bugs&action=display&num=1079692513

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hi,

I've answered in that thread! Big& please contact me by email if you cannot log into the gile[s] forum!