PaintJob3D site update

Community Forums/Developer Stations/PaintJob3D site update

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi all,
Got the web-site up at last and have fixed a couple of issues with PaintJob3D :)

http://www.dagj.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

cheers

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice. Let us know when the new version is available to test and I'll give it a go. :)

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks Lee,
There is a new update on the site, i have fixed the projection i think, looking into the stamp now :)

Cheers

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hi Doug,

Well, the Projection Painting Accuracy is much improved. It still misprojects here and there, but overall much better! The performance of projection paint varys quite wildly. One minute I am getting 30 fps, then next 4 fps. This happens more when the brush crosses triangle boundries.

The spray paint one works well.

Other minor bugs:

* If you reload the model but do not choose to save the textures, then the reloaded model keeps the amended textures from the last session rather than reloading them from disk.

* If you exit projection mode and begin normal painting again, you get a HUGE brush size (64 pixels or so wide?) several times bigger than the painting sphere.

* Spray paint loses its alpha property when in projection mode.

Thats all for this one. It seems your major obstacle is going to be performance. I had the same kind of hassles in the beginning. It's definately not as easy as it looks ;)

Look forward to the next update. :)

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thankx again Lee :)

Have fixed all minor bugs, the update is on my site now.

The projection system always looks ahead, i'll try and explain. Each tool has 3 ways it can go, 1. paint and forget seams, 2. test to find a seam and if no seam then forget seams and finally 3. if seam detected then project the tool.

The thing that actually slows things down bad is when many seams( and even worse they could be on many surfaces) are found, If there was just one seam its quite fast, so this explains why it jumps about. Unfortunatly theres not a lot we can do right now as it relies on camerapick.

But on the whole i'm quite happy with the performance as most of the time projection wouldn't be needed :)

another thing that can help speed it up, is the ability to select an individual surface on meshes that have more that one texture map, In paintjob3d you can cycle through each surface useing F9-F10 and work on it without being hindered by other surfaces etc.

regards

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hi Doug,

That's certainly a unique approach :)

It might fall down when you come to do unbroken stroke lines. Keep it up. If I find any other little bugs I'll post it here.

DougUK(Posted 2004) [#7]
The last update i broke the stamp tool, have fixed it now and also updated the camera rotation, it now can move up/down without going bonkers when it reaches 90degs lol

regards