Tattoo License Changes

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Tattoo License Changes

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#1]
Check the FAQ on the Tattoo homepage, (Link in my sig.) as there have been some changes to the way that Tattoo is licensed. :)

Red(Posted 2004) [#2]
Thanx
I'll test it.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#3]
That's an excellent idea. There are so many good tools out now and I would like to buy them all but can't really justify the cost until I really need it for a project. Programs of this type do cost a small fortune so this is definitely a little gem !
Many Thanks Lee.

popcade(Posted 2004) [#4]
Really a nice idea, to enable the use of those who can't afford it.
And best of all, no any limitations for Personal use.

NobodyInParticular(Posted 2004) [#5]
I agree with Smiff, this is a great idea, I know I sure appreciate it.

Thanks Lee...

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#6]
I had the first complaint from a registered user today.

I can see his point, but I honestly think I have got a good balance with this solution.

Check the post

popcade(Posted 2004) [#7]
How about some.... uh..... "Professional Only" features that require registration or some version seperation?

Didn't really know if this is a good idea, simply to encourage users to register this nice software if they really want get more features and keep Tattoo alive.

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#8]
I think the current system will be ok. Once its had a few months to settle in. Those who have registered or intend to do so have helped make Tattoo what it is. They all have a better tool because of it which can help both professional and casual users alike.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#9]
A bold move! I guess time will tell if it's a good choice. Good luck!

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#10]
I am a registered user, and I think its a great idea..

If I ever create something that I wish to sell, I know that Im allowed.
If someone doesn't have a license and wish to sell what they have made, they just need to register tattoo.

People who create finished games would pay the final price to be able to sell their software legally ^^

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#11]
Wow... nice! Free for non-commercial and not-so-free for commercial programs is always a good way to go IMO. That way more ppl try initially the program, get hooked and soon notice they have buy a licence for the stuff have been doing (like game project) :)

dmoc(Posted 2004) [#12]
Great idea Lee, it will encourage more people to try it. Have faith, honest people will pay if they use it professionally. Sad that not all pro's are honest though.

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#13]
Thanks. I only wish more programs would do that.
I only pay if the tool is effective for me.
I just wish I could do my car insurance this way....
I only send in the monthly premium if I have a wreck...hehe

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#14]
does tattoo use layers? does it have any noise filters?

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#15]
Tattoo doesn't use layers at the moment. This has largely been due to speed issues with compositing the layers on a 3D model in real time.

The only filter that is currently available is the Gaussian blur brush. Some global texture filters are due to be added in future releases.

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#16]
Terabit why don't you watermark the output. a little algorithm to spread some hidden extractable message in the
file.

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#17]
Hi Arbitrage,

I did think of that actually... Maybe that's what I'm already doing on the Non-Commercial version (Muhahahaha) you never know.

Hold a Tattoo texture under ultraviolet light and see if it's genuine. 8D