Auto-Skelly for PaceMaker

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Auto-Skelly for PaceMaker

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#1]
One spineless individual.....

couple of mouseclicks later...

A skeleton with correct human proportions auto scaled to fit the model - hmmm... should have chosed the 'Arms by Side' option.
You can also 'De-bone' any model to replace it with a shiny new one containing preset animation sequences.
New Test Version out soon.

Qcat(Posted 2004) [#2]
Cool idea it will certainly save me a lot of time when rigging my models

will the new test version have vertex assignment?

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#3]
Can`t wait :) What with CFX currently at a stand still in development this is just what we need. Although it must be said that CFX is already a great package.

Jason.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#4]

will the new test version have vertex assignment?

Yes - that's why its taking a bit longer because of the added support for vertex weighting with the 1.86 update.
I think CFX is great too !

Qcat(Posted 2004) [#5]
Cool I am looking forward to it

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#6]
Nice looking man. Making it painless as possible is a great idea :)

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#7]
It's obvious you've spent a lot of time and done
a lot of work on this. It's gonna rock and roll.
I have no doubt about it.

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#8]
Excellent idea, having the option to add pre-done anims to a new model.

I've sort of done a similar thing using Milkshape, I took some of the Dark Matter models and applied the Military Essentials skeleton to them. It's not perfect (because the DM models are segmented), but the anims look waaaaaay better than the original Dark Matter ones!!

Cheers,

Ryan

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#9]
Looking good. I'll definitely want to try this out.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#10]
Can you do "customized" default bone set for characters and have that autofitted etc? Your bone structure is not what I would use, it's bit odd at places...

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#11]

Can you do "customized" default bone set for characters and have that autofitted etc?

Yes - you will notice on the 'Skeleton' tab that there is a combo with a selection of different skeleton styles. You can also Add, Insert and Delete joints from the skeleton after creating from the 'Joints' tab.
You will also be able to save user designed skeletons as presets.

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#12]
That looks cool. Depressing color scheme though =]

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#13]
The colour scheme is totally user configurable. You can set the colour scheme of the Gui and the Background and the texture for the ground plane.