textures in Gile[s] or Tattoo

Community Forums/Developer Stations/textures in Gile[s] or Tattoo

Nacra(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi, I'm looking for a tool to help paint textures on compound surfaces, like small boats. After looking at Tattoo and Gile[s] it seems that I could adequately paint textures in Gile[s] and get the great lightmapping features.

Does someone have recommendations for texturing complex models? I'm not wild about painting directly on the unwrapped 2D textures...

thanks-
Paul

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#2]

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#3]
Gile[s] is absolutely great as a lightmapper, but it's painting functions are a bit limited. They do work though, and I think if you persevere you can get good results, so it certainly is an option. But I do think that nothing beats painting on the unwrapped 2D textures for precision, control and flexibility. It really isn't as hard as you might think.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#4]
If you intend to use it primarily for painting, and know how to unwrap a model properly, I would say choose Tattoo. It can do some stuff gile[s] cannot do, when it comes to painting.

Nacra(Posted 2004) [#5]
thanks!

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#6]
If you want to paint on the texture why not use Ultimate Unwrap3D and unwrap the model so you can paint in Photoshop or similar? :)