milkshape problem

Community Forums/Developer Stations/milkshape problem

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have already posted this in the milkshape forrem but I thought i would ask here as well since blitz has the smartest people on the planet and I havnt got a respnoce there.
I have milkshape 1.6 and 1.7 and when I extrude a face,the
sides of the extruded shape appear black and wont take a texture. Is this a bug? It was working fine a few weaks ago but since arround the time I got 1.7 is when the problem started,I think. any ideas or sugjestions?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#2]
select the faces and do "invert vertexorder" and they should be there :-)

(untextured triangles that show up black are normally caused by inverted facenormals)

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#3]
Dreamora you know how to use all tools or what ? :)

Regards,

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#4]
That did not work. I also tried smooth faces and that changed it to grey but I still can't aply a texture to the extruded sides. just stays grey. Also I asume you ment
reverse vertex order? Or is there also a command for invert?

*(Posted 2004) [#5]
hide backfaces just to make sure there are faces there?

cermit(Posted 2004) [#6]
Is there any reason the vertex gets the wrong way when you use the face tool?

*(Posted 2004) [#7]
when you create the face it depends on which way the camera is looking when you click on the vertices, remember if the face is looking away (clockwise around vertices IIRC) from the camera its the other then if the face was looking at it (anticlockwise).

You will know if you have the wrong way because if your face is on the side that shouldnt be facing the camera if its shown its the wrong way and should be removed and done in the other way round.

cermit(Posted 2004) [#8]
Ok now i understand :) thanks!