Milkshape 3D?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Milkshape 3D?

Zamboni(Posted 2004) [#1]
Does Mark's recent post regarding vertex weights and the announcement that Milkshape 3D V2 will include Novodex Physics make Milkshape the logical choice for a beginner like myself? I know there are some other fine packages out there but Milkshape seems to have the best balance of features and price. I also like that it exports to b3d. Or, would a combination of several programs such as Wings3D, CharacterFX, Maplet....etc work better? I would appreciate any advise you might have.....Thanks

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#2]
Well for my money I`d get MilkShape3D, CFX and Ultimate Unwrap 3D. Together there a pretty lethal combination and should cover just about anything you can throw at them. Milkshape for modelling, CFX for animation and Unwrap3D for uvmapping.

Jason.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
I think if you're serious you should get them all: Milkshape, CharacterFX and UltimateUnwrap. Maybe you should also buy Gile[s] since it's an excellent lightmapper (But unfortunately - AFAIK it uses the HD Serial Number to unlock the Demo). All together costs still only few money, compared to other profesional tools such as 3DS MAX, Maya etc. Maplet (+ Decorator) is free for Blitz Owners anyway. Wings3D is a good choice since it's free and I heared it can do very good UV Mapping.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#4]
I would recommend Milkshape for beginners I suppose because it is an all-in-one tool, but it isn't really advanced at anything. My favorite combination of programs is Wings3D for modeling, Ultimate Unwrap for texturing and file conversion, and CharacterFX for animation.