I'd like to put a word in for ProMotion

Community Forums/Developer Stations/I'd like to put a word in for ProMotion

Dax Trajero(Posted 2004) [#1]
ProMotion is a great little paint package for anyone who's developing Sprites for a 2D game eg. painting to specific pixels.

One of the biggest compliments I can give it, is that it reminds me totally of Deluxe Paint on the Amiga.

Have a look - its been invaluable to me in developing my retro remake.

Dax

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yes it is a great tool and as one of the testers for the program I know that the author based it entirely on the excellent DPaint. He was also kind enough to add animstrip export in especially for us Blitz users after a gentle nudge in the right direction :)

Jason.

Mousey(Posted 2004) [#3]
Pro Motion is suberb. Download the full or 'Lite' evaluation version here.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#4]
How does it compare to ProPixel?

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#5]
I really like ProPixel its great but ProMotion has animation support which swings it for me. I also fell in love with ProMotion because its more like Dpaint which is my favourite drawing package of all time.

Jason.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#6]
i bought the full version of ProMotion a while ago..great dpaint 5 clone...i use it more than i use paint shop pro
...none of that layers stuff..which takes 10 mins to produce a simple circle....ProMotion a great paint tool
..not just for 2d sprites..great for quick edit on texture maps and producing tiles from textures.. enuf said i think

(would be good if any updates export anims as gif)

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#7]
tiler - do you mean like this?:
http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion/index.php?Plugins/GIF+export

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hmmmm...I'm still pretty content with my Photoshop.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#9]
yep just like that....thanks MasterBeaker i forgot all about the cosmigo site