Another 3D modeller you may not have seen...

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Another 3D modeller you may not have seen...

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#1]
http://www.ppmodeler.com/ppmodeler/download.php

Looks quite good too :)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
Wowsa, cool modeling apps are popping up like wildfire. It's getting so I can't wave my arms without hitting a new free modeling tool. Now there need to be a few more good texturing tools, and software for animation.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2004) [#3]
i second that JH, we need more cool free animation tools too.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yes,cool free animation tools that do all the animation for you with commands like 'Do Anim Run' would be nice....-.- don't know where to start with modelling let alone animation.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
Well, I wouldn't go that far.

Wayne(Posted 2004) [#6]
Here is the feature list.

SDS modelling, with sharp edges.
Symmetrical meshes.
Blob modelling, with ellipse, 3D splines, 3D meshes.
2D/3D curves: mix of straight lines and splines, Read TTF font, Boolean operations.
Toolboxes on meshes, faces, edges and vertices, texture projection.
Four Texture projectors: plane, cylinder, sphere and uv.
Procedural texture generated by scripts.
Morphing and skinning.
Export to: 3DS, OBJ, Direct X, DXF, VRML, Virtual Light, SunFlow.
Import from: 3DS, LWO, OBJ, VRML, DXF.
Export to POV, RENDERMAN. ·
All scene data (meshes, animation, texture...) saved in one '.3de' file.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
last time I tried this I wasn't very impressed. Could be that I was looking for something that can export animated 3ds and this wasn't capable of doing so, not sure anymore.
Then again if you work with 3dsmax, even an old version, it's hard to find something good.

There is a free animation tool for blitz, PACEMAKER. Additionally I'd like to mention that "Liveforms" was on some cover CDs some time ago. That App is capable of doing exactly this: assign animations to models, eg. Run! or Dance! etc.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#8]
Is this thing free?

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#9]
yep,

It was free for non comercial in teh past...but...while I am not totally sure, I think I read some time ago he might have changed the license to free also for comercial projects. check it, anyway.

Doggie(Posted 2010) [#10]
It keeps getting better too. Now called Albatross3D.
http://www.ppmodeler.com/