Level editor

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Level editor

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#1]
http://www.realityfactory.ca/v3/

I downloaded the latest version of reality factory. I can't really recommend it for making games but the packages comes with three level editors. The reality factory level editor allows you to export to .3ds
Just select all the brushes and export. The level editor has an radiosity light mapper but there's no way to save the lightmaps from the level

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
looks very promising! their ingame screenshots page sucks a lot, tries to preload some megs of images and almost freezes opera, but their level editor looks very fine, from what I've seen from the tools screensies. I also liked some of the ingame shots of outdoor scenes, where the lightmapping can be seen.

Unfortunately the lightmaps cannot be exported, as you said, but a) an other lightmapper could be used, or b) maybe we could find some kind of hack to export it nonetheless.

Seems to be a very nice open source project, thanks for the link!

EDIT - ah, i see it's based on the genesis 3d engine. Seems like this is a free level modeler dedicated to fps games. at least.

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#3]
noticed that there is a Maya 5 .smd exporter there. that's nice. thanks for the reminder. hadn't visited these guys in a long time. curious to see the level editors. the screenshot says "Pro" - it different?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
mainly the printed docs, lotsof. I mean, this would be funny, open source, with a $ pro version...

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2004) [#5]
With it being Open Source wouldn't it be entirely possible for someone to write a full-on Blitz exporter?

Darkheart

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
well, the game engine is based on the genesis 3D engine. It would be pretty hard to port the genesis engine to Blitz, if not totally impossible.

The Tools, leveleditor and so on maybe can be modified to export .B3D Meshes, but personally I would rather convert them with an existing tool, UltimateUnwrap3D or CFX maybe.