Blitz DDE (IDE) SOURCECODE!!!!

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Blitz DDE (IDE) SOURCECODE!!!!

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#1]
I did promise, sorry its been a while, its in Visual Basic 6. Its not much but i haven't contibuted to Blitz for such a long time, so hopefully this will make it up

This IS only the source code, no .exe, im sorting a setup file for this ;)

Blitz DDE v1 (VB6.zip) DOWNLOAD here

Blitz DDE v1 (setup.exe) DOWNLOAD here

theres a control i dont think you need to register this, BUT if you do! do run "regsvr32.exe <dir>\CMAX20.OCX"

Please dont judge it too harshly, i haven't had time to really concentrate on the coding, appoliguise for the mess.

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#2]
Any screenies i don't feel like trying this out without screenies....

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#3]
oh sorry! i'll see what i can do, I haven't tested it 100% on other PC's but the code is there for every one to improve upon..

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#4]
Are you using Scintilla for this? The screenies look amazing...
Im installing Vis. Studio .Net Ent. Architect ED. From work... As we speak :) That'll take a couple of hrs...

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#5]
WOW! to bad I don't have VB :) Any chance of function folding?

soja(Posted 2004) [#6]
darklordz... it won't work right off.
It's a Vb6 project; you'll either need to use the vb6upgrade wizard (and fix all the errors), or just load it in vb6.

(Or just wait for the setup file....)

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#7]
Looks cool, Neomancer! Keep at it!

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2004) [#8]
WOW! This is brilliant.

There was a little bug with the registry key creation that returns a string and was being evaluated as a boolean.

But Im loving it! Its a great piece of work.

I dont suppose you could implement a CTRL+SPACE key where if you are half way through typing a command it will show you the ones that match so far. That would absolutley rock!

MrCredo(Posted 2004) [#9]
cool - but i don't need source... i need exe

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#10]
Is the sourcecode compatible for Visual Basic 6 standard edition? And if so then will it remain that way?

A exe would be nice though.

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#11]
Wow! thanks!!!

OK, i'll sort out an installer for this (.exe) it is able to change the basic blitz (rocket.ico) to anything you like. it must be a .ico so your project will have its own icon in the exe. Might not work all the time, im working on it..

Darklordz: Scintilla was a nightmare to use in VB so i used CodeMAX.ocx (its free so im not in trouble there)

Bot builder: The CodeMAX.ocx doesn't have Function folding, HOW ever i am thinking about doing this as an option, its a toughie tho. so please bare with me, You have the source so you might be able to do something with it.

AndyBoy_UK: CNTL+SPACE is replaced by TAB, that will finish the function. However I will add this as an option if you wish ;)

AGAIN: Absolutly loving the responses!! Thank you..
email me your bugs and suggustions, and i'll see what i can do.

neomancer@... (current)

MrCredo(Posted 2004) [#12]
i heard you hardcoded plitzpath into your program - please change it...

We can't test this, becouse i can't start it ;-)

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#13]
you have the source code you can alter this, Tho i am still developing this and improving upon, even as i write this ;-)

i did forget to do this myself before uploading.. Sorry

if you want to do this you self, change

SetEnvironmentVariable "BLITZPATH", "D:\BLITZ3D"
to
SetEnvironmentVariable "BLITZPATH", App.Path

this should remedy this straight up

Danny(Posted 2004) [#14]
Hi Neomancer,

Really GREAT JOB DUDE! absolutely love it! I've been waiting for something like this ever since I switched from VB to Blitz ;)

I know you're still working on it, and there's still a few little issues to be resolved. If you want to I'd be glad to help you out on a few bits and pieces!

I'm a bit swamped for time this week, but I should have some time next week, if you're interested!

Keep it going dude, you really got something here!

cheers,-
Danny
mail me at dendanny@...

MrCredo(Posted 2004) [#15]
no exe???

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#16]
you have the source code you can alter this

You're making the assumption that everyone on here owns VB6. I (and I guess a number of others) can't use this until it is compiled but the screenshots look pretty good.

Hansie(Posted 2004) [#17]
Can't wait to try out an exe version

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#18]
Looks like a potential winner!

ckob(Posted 2004) [#19]
I get an unable to compile error :(and where do I change the boolan error?

Gamemaker(Posted 2004) [#20]
no exe? I wish i had VB6 :|

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#21]

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#22]
no exe

Gamemaker(Posted 2004) [#23]
wow the ide is really cool :)

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#24]
Yeah, the codemax has saved me a lot of bother, they released the code to it, so im able to do some stuff with it :) theres an update soon, Ask Game Maker for his opinion, he's been helping with the testing.

Sorry about the Screenies, my website went down and im restoring my Newer website

Again, Thanks folks

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#25]
Please can someone compile a an exe

Gamemaker(Posted 2004) [#26]
There is one...http://www.neomancer.co.uk/projects/BlitzDDE.exe

semar(Posted 2004) [#27]
The link to the source code is broken.

c32bit(Posted 2004) [#28]
goto http://www.neomancer.co.uk/
click on the Projects link on the right side of the page
that will take you to the downloads.

semar(Posted 2004) [#29]