Milkshape child entities?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Milkshape child entities?

John Blackledge(Posted 2004) [#1]
I created a tree (in Metasequoia) then imported it into Milkshape, and set the two groups to 'Trunk' and 'Leaves', and saved out as a .X
When I load it, CountChildren returns only one child (the root [no pun intended]).
Anyone know how GetChild/FindChild/CountChildren should be used with Milkshape entities?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not shure if it was you or somebody else who mentioned problems with children when exporting .B3D from Milky, but it worked with .X
Howeverm it is possible that Countchildren(entity) returns only the number of next-generation children, so you need to do this recursively: http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=615

Gauge(Posted 2004) [#3]
The groups from Milkshape does not transfer over to children. The only children you will be able to get while converting to milkshape are pivots. You can get different surfaces by setting each group as a different material though. Unless I am wrong, there is no other way. Note-You should be able to do everything with surfaces, i see no need for children, other then pivots.