Bryce

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Bryce

Drekinn(Posted 2003) [#1]
I'm an avid Bryce user. Can I use Bryce to create my B3D models and such?

Drekinn

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#2]
You can certainly use it to create skyboxes, where you map the sky to the inside of a cube and stand inside looking at the fantastic view!

There are some examples knocking around the archives.

As for models, I guess only landscapes and they would possibly be very large in polygon terms.

IPete2.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
I don't know much about Bryce. What file formats can it export to?

wmaass(Posted 2003) [#4]
Bryce can export to many formats, X, 3DS, LWO to name a few. Problem is you can only exports the terrains it seems, which ain't bad. During export you can specify the poly count.

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#5]
You can use Bryce to create your terrain heightmaps, and it's great for skyboxes. There's a tutorial on using Bryce to make great skyboxes and heightmaps over on Blitzcoder :

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/articles/show_article.pl?f=gamemorduun03272002.html

Doggie(Posted 2003) [#6]
But Bryce doesn't export the textures or any objects other than the terrain itself. It's utterly worthless for 3D gaming. If they made it save all textures and objects, in other words what you just made, then it would be great.
I doubt they'll ever do that. It's DIW

Doggie

Drekinn(Posted 2003) [#7]
Dang, well I'm glad I can at least use some aspect of Bryce with Blitz, if only in those ways mentioned.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Drekinn