Tattoo 1.3

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Tattoo 1.3

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#1]
Version 1.3 of the Tattoo texturing tool is now up for grabs!

What's New?
* Improved perspective
* Tweaked panning tools
* Burn effects brush
* Dodge effects brush
* Other minor Interface tweaks

Tattoo Homepage

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#2]
Its great to have Dogde and Burn :) needed those. kinda slow on my system though :(

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#3]
That's WritePixelFast for you!

Probably better known as WritePixelNotVeryFast!

Because it's a very interactive tool (i.e. constantly reading from then writing to texture space) I can't think of an wasy way to speed it up. If you didn't have to lock the textures (i.e. not draw the pixels, just calculate them) the speed shoots up to 200+ fps.

If you have any ideas how to speed it up let me know, it's irritating to have the Dodge, Burn and Blur tools so much slower than the rest of them!

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#4]
What do burn and dodge do? And how do i go about updating. Do i just use my code i have?

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#5]
Burn and Dodge will darken or Lighten a texture (respectively) by ramping the lightness and optionally the saturation of each pixel. It also can be clamped to only effect pixels of a particular lightness range, i.e. shadows only.

To update, simply install over the previous installation (without uninstalling first) and it will act as an update.

This will keep the registration intact. If for some reason it doesn't (and it should) or you have to reinstall the system for some reason at any point, then mail me for a new code :)

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thanks Lee! Burn and dodge sound exactly what i need :) Also, is there a way to adjust the strength of the Blur?

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#7]
Blur ramping...Not at the moment. But it's on the list :)

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#8]
:)

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#9]
Well i hope u find some nice way to speed it up! :)

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#10]
Possible that using stuff from the 'Blitz is hacked' thread would do the trick. On the other hand, it's likely to open up a whole can of worms full of Pandora's Boxes 8D

Panno(Posted 2003) [#11]
use the buffer trick lee ?!
use c++ , because asm is not needing for that

have fun !