anim8or

Community Forums/Developer Stations/anim8or

dynaman(Posted 2003) [#1]
Anybody using this for modeling? The latest version from October seems pretty easy to use although I have not figured out texturing at all yet.

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#2]
It is quite a nice tool. I hope a 3ds export function for animations will be added one day. I use a old free version of unwrap to apply the textures.

dynaman(Posted 2003) [#3]
Yeah - I have some big problems applying textures with it, but then I really stink at doing 3D in any program.

aab(Posted 2004) [#4]
I think anim8ors great for managing textures: as easy as selecting a face for its own texture, and rotating/paning/scaling it on its own makes things so easy!
~Problem being when i export it to a 3ds, half the time it has no texture when i have it in Blitz
~Also, exporting from Scene mode exports an invisible model (still contacts though) if i've subsequently altered one of the objects in Object mode.
~Another Failure: When i export a scene/sequence as a 3ds, it only exports the current frame: No animation

For anyone out there succesfully using anim8or into Blitz
I need help!

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#5]
I dig anim8or - it's a nice tool for poly modeling.

As to your problems with animation I can't really help out - as I usually do that in another tool :(

aab(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks anyway.
Space Hulk? cool, but what about spacecrusade:Orks included!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
you could useit for Modeling only and then lithunwrap 1.3 for the textures and Pacemaker for boned animations. Pretty good results would be possible.

aab(Posted 2004) [#8]
lithunwrap no longer exisits! Its now under a slightly different name, as well as a cost!. As for pacemaker, i cant find the site. Thanks anyway

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#9]
lithunwrap has become Ultimate Unwrap 3D. Around 35US and worth every cent... If for nothing else, the UU3D .b3d export plugin is first rate...

pacemaker: http://www.goddysey.com/pacemaker.htm

If anim8or is giving you probs, you might try Wing3D:
http://www.wing3d.com

Free, very cool modeler. I use it constantly and it gets frequent updates and features. I strongly suggest stopping into the W3D forums as well...

Check out this thread to see what other Blitz users are using:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=35766

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#10]
Pacemaker...sounds interesting, but the downloads asked me for a password...I am eager to test it, specially to see if it has joint pinning...

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#11]
I tried anim8or once but it was having lots of weird rendering artifacts on my system. I assume those problems would go away if I updated my drivers or something, but I didn't bother with that effort since Wings works great. These days I do most of my animation work in Maya but I still use Wings for a lot of my modeling work.

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#12]
"Pacemaker...sounds interesting, but the downloads asked me for a password...I am eager to test it, specially to see if it has joint pinning..."

@Bob3d; that's strange. I click on the link I provided above and it takes me right to the page with the download link at the bottom. You might try right mouse click "Save As" on the download link and see what happens.

Are you behind a firewall or on an company intranet?

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#13]
You want the download link at the bottom of the page, not the downloads button in the navigation menu (crappy website design.)

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#14]
ouch! Thanks...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#15]
BTW LIthunwrap 1.3 was released as Freeware, and this version remains freeware. It is true, the file is no longer hosted by the author, but you may find it elsewhere.

Yes, it's a good idea to buy UltimateUnwrap3D, the sequel of Lithunwrap, not only cause it's nice to support the author, but also because it's the only tool that is capable of exporting AND importing animated B3D Files. And of course convert them from/to other formats.

Lithunwrap supports many formats such as 3ds, obj etc. but no B3D and no animation. So the workflow with Lithunwrap 1.3 has to be strictly this way:

-model
-unwrap textures
-animate

while you can mix these steps when you have UU3D.

But still, Lithy is for free and when you really need a free toolset, it might be the best choice.

aab(Posted 2004) [#16]
Thanks CodeMeister, I guess I'll have to start all my anims from scratch in different programs