Yet Another B3D Pipeline question

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Yet Another B3D Pipeline question

Akat(Posted 2003) [#1]
how do we manage to export morph animation using B3D pipeline? the option is there - but dont have any idea how to use it

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#2]
Add a User Defined Property (right-click, properties) to the object: "B3dMorph" (Case sensitive).

I'll be updating the docs with the next release...

Pudding

Rob(Posted 2003) [#3]
One more :)

Do you export vertex weights correctly regardless? if not then you should... ;) 0..1

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#4]
I do export vertex weights.

However, there are issues if you're thinking about setting up characters with vertex weights before Blitz actually supports them. You might think you would just see the character with worse looking joints in Blitz, but there's a little more going on...

Since Skin doesn't record a default pose, the mesh on the first frame of the animation is the mesh that is exported and deformed by bones in Blitz. If that mesh is a result of a weighted Skin blend in Max then the base mesh is actually badly distorted in Blitz. It's kind of hard to explain - you can try it yourself.

I guess you could export the character in a default pose with seperate animation sequences - but the b3d viewer in Max would be useless for previewing those animations (since the base mesh is distorted). Anyway, I recommed sticking with rigid verts until Blitz supports weighted verts...

I really hope Blitz supports them soon!

-Pudding

Akat(Posted 2003) [#5]
oo.. great, i try tonight - yet another 1 Q
1) how to export the B3D extension especially camera?
2) what is add scene root stand for? (when) is it useful?

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#6]
The next release will have a B3d Extensions library for Blitz. Maybe this weekend...

.b3d files need a single root. If your Max scene has multiple objects add a scene root.

This one option has been the source of a lot of confusion, so I'm going to handle it slightly differently in the next release. Since .b3d files with multiple roots actually throw errors in Blitz and appear to leak memory, adding a scene root shouldn't be an optional choice - in the future, if your scene has multiple roots a scene root node will automatically be added on export.

-Pudding

Caff(Posted 2003) [#7]
Great work on this Pudding, it's proving to be an invaluable tool.

Akat(Posted 2003) [#8]
thanx pudding... hope to hear from u soon